Career Officer
# 521
06-21-2013, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia View Post
Do you know how many people actually bother to read it? Go to their forums and check yourself. The had to add a cool down counter on it because during testing player proved it could be abused and would be by the general population fo the game. Most people have been found to click the yes without even reading. Either way the abuse is still there and people have still been kicked for:
-Making a beginners mistake, even in the low level dugeons where people are meant to learn a bit about playing their class in groups.

-Not having the gear that player x has decided is the minimum for that part of the game. Despite the fact they have the minimum needed as set by Blizzard or they wouldn't be there in the first place.

-Daring to ask the DPSers who are always "go, go ,go" to slow down a little.

-Daring to say they are new to that part of the game

-Letting someone die, even if it is the idiots own fault for standing in the fire.
So on and so on.

It is why no matter how much PvPers ask for it BLizzard has not given in and added it to BGs. They learnt that if even the so called "placid" PvE community in the game will abuse this feature the god help them if they added it to PvP.
funny i never saw this in my 3 years of player ingame well maybe at the start of it but then blizz start give out bans dont happen as much now days
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Career Officer
# 522
06-21-2013, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
The ability to kick leechers and afkers didn't stop people from doing trials and TF's in CoH and they had the ability to kick the dead weight from teams for 8 years, so your argument has no substance.

That's exactly the type of argument that leechers and afkers use when they get kicked from teams.
So by not bothering with any of these missions you guys are crying for an abusable system over, do I count as a leecher or an afk'er? Not a very strong argument at all.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Career Officer
# 523
06-21-2013, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
That's pretty specious reasoning, I have a magic rock that keeps gorillas from infesting my house too. It works so far.

I'd love to know how you got that removed when nobody else I know ever managed to get the ticket acknowledged in the 24 hours of the silence so... there that is.
the GM removed it .........
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Career Officer
# 524
06-21-2013, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
the GM removed it .........
You were able to talk to a GM while silenced, or you have some magic way of getting your support tickets acknowledged?
Career Officer
# 525
06-21-2013, 01:46 AM
Quote:
You were able to talk to a GM while silenced, or you have some magic way of getting your support tickets acknowledged?
do you not know of the report tickets?
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Career Officer
# 526
06-21-2013, 01:46 AM
I think maybe some people just need to accept that they can't control everyone.
Career Officer
# 527
06-21-2013, 01:47 AM
Quote:
I think maybe some people just need to accept that they can't control everyone.
and when all the most of the pugs are over run by the framers think on how a vote to kick could have stop them
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Captain
# 528
06-21-2013, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathray38 View Post
Vote-to-Kick is an excellent idea!
It will fix multiple problems:

1. Leechers will be removed from game
2. All these multicolor boats and weak ship configs will be removed from STF
3. Players of nations I don't like to play with (because of, for example, language barrier making coordination impossible) will no longer be a problem
4. Trolls and players not listening comands of more experienced players will have time to regret their actions after kick
5. Players who don't mind learnig STF basics (like correct generator detonation method etc.) will get the best lesson possible.
6. Players who didn't participated in mission enough, may be kicked just before mission end, to no longer recive reward for their crappy performance.
etc. etc.
2-6 from the list above is pretty much why the Vote-to-Kick system that was in the game a while back was removed .
Oh , and if it's not clear , the system was abused .

Having said that , the Leechers issue is a problem .
I am losing STO with each new system based update and with each removal and editing of content .
I don't know how to save her from her systems obsessed masters who seek to control and monetize me more and more .

Career Officer
# 529
06-21-2013, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
2-6 from the list above is pretty much why the Vote-to-Kick system that was in the game a while back was removed .
Oh , and if it's not clear , the system was abused .
their has never been a vote to kick in sto life time
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Career Officer
# 530
06-21-2013, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
and when all the most of the pugs are over run by the framers think on how a vote to kick could have stop them
I don't think I'll have to worry about that since I can just preform a team
Closed Thread