Lieutenant
# 1 What is your STO day like?
08-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Simple question: what do you do on a daily basis in STO? How many characters do you play, what missions do you do, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-22-2012, 02:02 PM
I play one character (FED).

And this is what I usually do on a daily basis:
- Check out my DOFF roster.
- Check my mail box.
- Dance on admiral Quinns desk.
- Play the ''explore strange new worlds'' mission for dilithium.
- Dilithium mining.
- Academy event.
- Doing story missions.
- Start a stupid discussion at Starfleet academy.

(Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.

Last edited by goedzooi; 08-22-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Captain
# 3
08-22-2012, 02:02 PM
I do about 2-2.5 hours of Dilithium grinding using 4 VAs. That usually earns me somewhere between 17,000 and 18,000 Dilthium - which I might sell or hold on to.

I have several characters at the Academy that I use to do the DOFF Recruitement Missions, so I will log then in and get new DOFFs if it's the correct time of the week to do that: you can do the Recruitment Missions about twice a week per character. That only takes a few minutes

If I'm still in the mood to play I will log in my Commander and do a new Foundry Mission or two - that character only levels doing Foundry Missions. He's never done a regular Mission in the game.

And, of course, I check the Fleetbase Missions, set up a weekly Fleet Events for our members (we're doing group Small Craft Exploration on Friday and Fleet Missions on Saturday), and just putz around in-game chatting with friends on Teamspeak - and helping out any Fleetmates that need some help.

That's, basically, a typical 3-4 hours a day for me. Then I go play something else.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 08-22-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Captain
# 4
08-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Right now I'm at a low point in terms of activity. I either spend a few hours on my KDF tac BoP hunting down Feddies in Ker'rat or in organized PVP matches, or I spend a few hours STFing for dilithium in my eng Guramba. Sometimes I do a little of both. I don't use my Federation character right now, an engineer in the MVAM.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-22-2012, 02:12 PM
does typing out Gorn puns in DS9 and spraying people with a fire extinguisher count ? cause that is about all I've managed to accomplish today
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-22-2012, 02:13 PM
I often go through the PVP and foundry daily on all 3 of my characters. Then from there it's just juggling doffing and STFs along with starbase projects on all 3. I sometimes do accolade hunting on my main if I am not busy on the others.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Commander
# 7
08-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stof4nb0y View Post
Simple question: what do you do on a daily basis in STO? How many characters do you play, what missions do you do, etc.
i only play one fed character

my wife manages the crew for me and does assignments throughout the day for me which gives me more time to do the serious stuff.

i spread it around to keep from getting bored or tired from "grinding".

i usually:

do a misson to work towards an accolade

go to academy during my lunch break to get the history accolades and see if i can req doffs and upgrade officers

do a space STF for prototype hopefully

run IGE to get PSG shields...again hopefully

do a re-run episode. on advanced difficulty now and once i get to the end i will go to elite and do them again

borg alerts

fleet missions and contributions

deep space engagements

i may not do everyone of these everyday, but like i said, i spread it around and try to cover the entire game
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Commander
# 8
08-22-2012, 03:12 PM
I play one Fed Tactical now that I've given up on my Klingon.

I do the following:

Deferi Daily Set
Foundry Daily
Mining Daily
Fleet Daily
B'Tran Daily Pair

DOffs as available.

Colony Invasion, Infected (Space) and Cure (Space) as the notion strikes.

Other random stuff.
Commander
# 9
08-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Before Season 6:

Log out, go to work.

Get home from work, log in, start farming dilithium from the Defera Sector and STFs simply because there is nothing better to do.

After season 6:

Check duty assignments, start up new recruitment assignments to get more duty officers for the starbase, log out, switch characters, check duty assignments, start up new recruitment assignments to get more duty officers for the starbase, log out, switch characters again, check duty assignments, start up new recruitment assignments to get more duty officers for the starbase.

All because there is nothing better to do.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Captain
# 10
08-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Two Characters, one Fed, the other KDF. Log in, collect duty officer mission rewards, contribute to starbase projects, get new Doff missions, log out, log in with the other, rinse/repeat.

That answer your question?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."