Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, August 23rd, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 3 hours.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
And decide not to remove the ability to contribute Starbase purchased doffs to starbase assignements.

Bravo in listening to us - nerfing the Cxp and dilth when dissmissing them is tolerable - but to have continued with the plan (up to the last few hours it seems) to make it so they could bought for Fleet credits and not be contibutable to projects or worse - be sold on exchange and not be contributable would have caused a massive $hitstorm.

Thank you for paying attention to us the players!
Career Officer
# 3
08-22-2012, 05:29 PM
So many bugs ignored!
Career Officer
# 4
08-22-2012, 05:31 PM
The patch notes (and the Tribble patch notes) fail to mention that Duty Officers acquired from the Fleet Duty Officer store cannot be used in Fleet Projects. They can be sold on the exchange, however they have no identifier allowing the purchaser to know which Duty Officers on the exchange can be contributed to Fleet Projects.

This is stated to be "working as intended".

Is this update included in this patch?

Could you please clarify by including this in the patch notes as I believe most players would like to be informed of such a counter intuitive system.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, August 23rd, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 3 hours.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
You will be pleased to know that I am pleased.
Career Officer
# 6
08-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
And decide not to remove the ability to contribute Starbase purchased doffs to starbase assignements.

Bravo in listening to us - nerfing the Cxp and dilth when dissmissing them is tolerable - but to have continued with the plan (up to the last few hours it seems) to make it so they could bought for Fleet credits and not be contibutable to projects or worse - be sold on exchange and not be contributable would have caused a massive $hitstorm.

Thank you for paying attention to us the players!
Are you going by the patch notes? Keep in mind that the change wasn't in the Tribble patch notes either.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai222 View Post
Are you going by the patch notes? Keep in mind that the change wasn't in the Tribble patch notes either.
I must be missing something: I have contributed numerous Fleet officers, purchased with Fleet Credits, to Fleet projects. Granted the rate of usuable ones is low.....
Captain
# 8
08-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai222 View Post
Yes I am going by the patch notes - but if they do go through with it - its going to be a disaster - I hope my opening post of Dev's using common sense is in fact the case.

This needs to be clarified - RIGHT AWAY!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncutter001 View Post
I must be missing something: I have contributed numerous Fleet officers, purchased with Fleet Credits, to Fleet projects. Granted the rate of usuable ones is low.....
Yeah, you missed something. The most recent Tribble patch not only took the dismissing recruitments cxp and dilithium away, you couldn't contribute the doffs to fleet projects...even thou they were bought from the freakin fleet doff vendor...

When this was pointed out, the dev reply was (and this is a quote, seriously....)

"working as intended."

Really...this is a patch that should come with lube.

Unless they decided not to push this change to holodeck...but here is the thing - they didn't mention this part of the change in the tribble notes, so them not mentioning it in the holodeck notes doesn't really tell us if its happening (boo...stupidity) or not happening (yay...common sense)

Last edited by boglejam73; 08-22-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Yeah, you missed something. The most recent Tribble patch not only took the dismissing recruitments cxp and dilithium away, you couldn't contribute the doffs to fleet projects...even thou they were bought from the freakin fleet doff vendor...

When this was pointed out, the dev reply was (and this is a quote, seriously....)

"working as intended."

Really...this is a patch that should come with lube.

Unless they decided not to push this change to holodeck...but here is the thing - they didn't mention this part of the change in the tribble notes, so them not mentioning it in the holodeck notes doesn't really tell us if its happening (boo...stupidity) or not happening (yay...common sense)
If this is so, it makes absolutely no sense.

As i said, there are very few Fleet Doffs that can even be used for the projects. Further with the gross overabundence of certain types (Ground Warfare, Space Warfare, Flightdeck being the worst three), there would be little point in buying them for anything else but grinding them into greens, then exhanging for whites you can use.... in which case why bother having them at all? May as well just eliminate the common Fleet Doffs all together and save everyone a lot of needless running arou... oh wait! It's PWE. Nevermind then.
Closed Thread