Captain
# 41
08-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Any idea when the BOA features will be on holodeck ? They've been on tribble since 8-2, and I havent seen any mention of them going to holodeck in the last month, and today's patch notes appear to be same from the 8-2 tribble release notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This is our first foray into putting BoE-Account items into the hands of players. Call it a test case.

We're already discussing other items that could possibly get this treatment, but until we see how it actually performs we can't make any promises. Rest assured however that these are not the only items that will ever be made BoE-Account.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?

Last edited by lordmalak1; 08-23-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
08-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Any idea when the BOA features will be on holodeck ?
Never. This is working as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milestfox View Post
Umm.. did you try using 'all' and searching the title of the item?
Who me? Nahhh after you get about 40 of them from the Fleet Officer you really lose interest in looking for more on the exchange.
Captain
# 44
08-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Fleets:
  • Fleet Mark Boosts are now available for purchase on Fleet Starbases!
  • Visit your Operations Quartermaster to find the items for sale on your store.
  • These boosts do not need to be provisioned, and are available without running any special unlock projects.
  • Each boost will provide you with a 20% bonus on your Fleet Marks, up to a total of 100 Fleet Marks earned.
  • A minimum of 1 will be awarded in cases where fractions would result.
  • The price per boost is 15,000 Fleet Credits.
  • 5,000 of which you'll make back by donating the bonus Fleet Marks!
  • Fleet Leaderboards now update correctly when players contribute multiple Duty Officers at once.
What?!?! I don't get it. If it costs 15,000 fleet credits to buy the fleet marks boosts... I am trying to think about the best way to phrase the hidden conundrum. Okay, you use fleet marks to buy fleet credits. In order to get a bonus in fleet marks, you have to use fleet credits to buy the fleet marks boosts. Once you get the bonus fleet marks, you turn them in for fleet credits. During the whole exchange process, you lose 10,000 fleet credits out of the 15,000 fleet credits you used to buy the boosts.

It has to be a con.

Can someone clarify this conundrum?

Last edited by linyive; 08-23-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Career Officer
# 45
08-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Hi,

so here we are again... I think the 80% shield penetration will be nice (more SCIs that want to single Armek). I wonder when they will use their "Hearts and Minds"-Lirpas against him (maybe as the next bug you've got to remodulate the psi-damage...).

I didn't find anything else that is important for STFs. Does that mean the cover-shield of my engineer is working on Cure Ground "as intended"? I wonder what it takes damage from, is it not "water-resistant", is there some strange radiation? Do we've got to run CGE in EV-Suits next?!?
Ensign
# 46
08-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguetrooperz View Post
Ok this made me rofl however true and working as intended
this is isnt working when u search in "reward packs" for Mirrior ships u get ships shown up cost 200k up. when u search in "All" for mirrior ships they cost 500k so every "noob" who

dont know that, buys a mirrior ship for more than its worth...
Lieutenant
# 47
08-23-2012, 08:02 AM
[chuckle mode on]
I'm curious what's gonna be "not working as intended" with this patch
[chuckle mode off]
P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh!
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
08-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post

No. It's working as intended. Huzzah!

Career Officer
# 49
08-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
What?!?! I don't get it. If it costs 15,000 fleet credits to buy the fleet marks boosts... I am trying to think about the best way to phrase the hidden conundrum. Okay, you use fleet marks to buy fleet credits. In order to get a bonus in fleet marks, you have to use fleet credits to buy the fleet marks boosts. Once you get the bonus fleet marks, you turn them in for fleet credits. During the whole exchange process, you lose 10,000 fleet credits out of the 15,000 fleet credits you used to buy the boosts.

It has to be a con.

How many fleet credits do you normally get for each fleet mark?
Just think of a small fleet. Every member can earn lots of fleet-credits for all the contributions, but you are almost unable to do fleet-project because you don't get enough fleet-marks.

Now with the bonus you can spend fleet-credits (you wouldn't be able to spend ever) for something that gives you a few more fleet-marks. So small fleets could get the ability to upgrade their bases...
Captain
# 50
08-23-2012, 08:22 AM
There are endless uses for that dev's respones to what every player would consider a bug or a stupid move: "working as intended" quote from the dev was classic

Hey dev's the game crashes while loading a new map?

dev responds " No that's working as intended"

I don't understand now ships are charcter only?

dev response " No that is DEFINITELY working as intended"

I love that - for every bug or problem from now on the can just cut and past - or auto-fill a response to players "working as intended"
Closed Thread