Captain
# 1 Customizing Alien BOffs
02-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Hello,

can someone please give me a good tip how to customize/change Alien BOffs into near Human like ones?

I know I could use a Human BOff, but I want to make him a little Alien like too.

Thanks for any help.
Captain
# 2
02-10-2013, 12:23 PM
This may help a little but the problem is when buying them from the exchange they are very very random looking and takes a while to sort them out to how you want them - my KDF Andorian crew took a while lol

http://www.stowiki.org/Guide:_Canon_...e_builds#Human

Its just a case of playing around with the randomiser option and find one with more or less a humanish look and then start deducting the alien parts and making a Human
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Captain
# 3
02-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks for you help,

I just thought, would it work if I load a Human like template onto an Alien at the Tailor?

Would I still have all the Alien elements to use?
Captain
# 4
02-11-2013, 11:25 AM
There is a little trick to make it easier.

First go to a human boff you have on your crew, and make a simple change like his hairstyle. Now hit back to return to the previous menu, no need to purchase the change. Now select your alien boff and hit the undo button, he should now look like the human boff, and you can further edit it from there.
Captain
# 5
02-11-2013, 11:32 AM
HA!!

Good idea, thanks. Will try as soon as I have new slots.
Captain
# 6
02-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
There is a little trick to make it easier.

First go to a human boff you have on your crew, and make a simple change like his hairstyle. Now hit back to return to the previous menu, no need to purchase the change. Now select your alien boff and hit the undo button, he should now look like the human boff, and you can further edit it from there.
Oh thats very cunning, have to remember that
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Captain
# 7
02-11-2013, 03:26 PM
It works for other races too, and even for non-compatible races hitting undo will still load as much of the features that race is able to do. For example if you are a Vulcan character, then you make a change to hairstyle, then back up to the previous menu and select a human boff and hit undo, the human boff will now look identical to the Vulcan character except for the Vulcan only features like pointed ears and eyebrows, other then that they will look identical.

Thisis useful if you suck at designing faces like me and just want to transfer over a better looking face from another character/boff to an ugly one. Also it helps to quickly turn an alien into another premade race like Andorian or Klingon by doing this.