Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Keybinds STILL not fixed
08-22-2012, 08:51 PM
So PWE thinks it better to fix a ship skin on the Armitage than fix the broken torpedo and mine keybinds? Obviously PWE think the looks of a ship count more than its playability.

FAIL!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Wait, you really want to the put a graphics artist on fixing a UI bug?
Seriously?
While that MIGHT work out, it's a lot more likely to break a hundred other things.

Also, that bug might not be highest priority even among all the other bugs - and it can easily be worked around with setting keybinds.
/bind <insert key here> +TrayExecByTray <# bar> <# slot>
(bar and slot being numbers from 0 to 9, 1 less than the number shown on the UI)
Or if you have more than 1 mine:
/bind <insert key here> +TrayExecByTray <# bar 1> <# slot 1> $$ +TrayExecByTray <# bar 2> <# slot 2> [...] $$ +TrayExecByTray <# bar n> <# slot n>
See? 'Fixed it yourself.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-23-2012, 04:58 AM
I appreciate the workaround, but we shouldn't have to be fixing the game. First they go to all the trouble of changing mines, like altering their strength and how many are dispersed with and without dispersal patterns, then they leave the keybinds in such a shambled state.

Ridonkulous.
Captain
# 4
08-23-2012, 06:42 AM
On some items it takes time to locate these issues.

Heck there are still bug hanging around from a year ago.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-23-2012, 07:04 AM
And if I couldn't do my job I'd get fired and my boss would find someone who could do it. (That's not actually the best statement for me to make as I'm self-employed. I couldn't really fire myself with any great success. I wouldn't accept it...) Anyway, you know what I mean.

It's PWE's job to run, maintain and expand the game. I'm not asking them to do more than they should. I'm not asking them to go above and beyond. I'm asking them to do exactly what they're supposed to do. No more, and certainly no less.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-23-2012, 07:26 AM
The type 6 material fix is an art team fix. The keybind issue is a systems team fix. The Art team probably had the time and resources to fix this issue whereas the systems team i imagine is balls to the wall on a regular basis.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-23-2012, 07:29 AM
C'mon, we all agree that they should get their act together and fix this game.
If you'd put it like that I'd simply agreed.

But you have to understand that there's (hopefully) more than one person working on (a lot) more than one problem, and you can't simply withdraw a graphics artist from fixing a skin and put him on fixing the UI, as you can't simply ... say, withdraw a UI programmer from fixing the mine bug and put him on making level 1-20 content for KDF.
That's not how it works.
And you can't even just hire a new guy and expect him to fix something tomorrow.
All for the same reason: they'd have no clue how to do it. At best they could start familiarizing themselves with that part of the game, but that'd take a lot more time than it'd take for the guy who's actually already familiar with it to work through his queue of bugs.

At least at the speed they're working on this game now, they might get it to a state that I'd payed money for three years ago within the next one or two years.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-23-2012, 07:42 AM
I understand your points, and they're all valid, but if we start making excuses for them, then to whom are they held accountable?

On a side note, if they were doing their job properly, shouldn't thorough testing pick up these problems? Again, I'm not asking them to go above and beyond, I just want them to do their job as a minimum.

(You can probably see that this is a HUGE bugbear for me. My mine ship is a D'Kora with the concentrated tachyon mines. PWE received money for these things from me and now it doesn't work properly.)
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-23-2012, 08:13 AM
All we can do to hold them accountable is to vote with our wallet.
Unfortunately, both of us are in a very bad spot to do so, as I'm doing fine spending other people's money and you ... well, you gave them all the money up front in an act of faith when you bought your LTS.

For the record: I support your call to fix that bug. As I'd support any call to fix bugs in this game.

In the meantime though, all I can do is give you a workaround so you can use your mines, and give you a couple of free bumps for your thread, at least until I run out of meaningful things to say and would end up spamming.

Though I guess the lack of advance material skins for the Armitage was someone else' pet gripe, too, so your original post doesn't really help you as much as it could have, as you're ending up splitting up the playerbase into discussions about which bug needs fixing more, instead of all of us standing together and calling for fixes to all of them.

TL;DR: another bump for a mine fix!
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
08-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Thanks, flekh. your workaround (and bump) is appreciated!!