Empire Veteran
hi all.

my feedback about elite stfs and Prototype borg armor weapon personal shield.
the drop rate is much to low and much to random let me explain.

My tac took total of 84 stfs to get full elite stf gear maco set.
my Engineer took 431 runs to get full maco set.
my sci took 31 runs to get full maco elite set.
2nd tac klingon side 53 runs for Elite gear set.
2nd engineer klingon still counting.
2nd sci klingon still counting.

hence random factor is way to large. i mean come on who in their right frame of mind wants to do 431 stfs to get a set ?
mind you that 201 of those where Kithomer accord ground for the bloody armor....

think drop rate should be somewhat better and less random.

why not do like in the old days? 100% drop rate o.o do it once and voila done.

or at least 50% drop rate but 431 runs ? no waiii

anyways thats my feedback
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Lieutenant
# 2
10-14-2012, 04:24 PM
I havent kept count but after a year of STF's iv completed 2 full MK 12 space sets which is great but have yet to get a single MK12 Drop on the ground.

And iv killed soo many borg on the ground yet other team members always get the drop some people even getting two in one day.

Personaly I think there is a flaw in the system for awarding prototypes however i hope the new system in season 7 makes it possible for unlucky people to get there helmets
Make It STO Podcast Click Here
Career Officer
# 3
10-15-2012, 06:02 AM
I think not one single player will ever be enough to come up with accurate stats on the drop rate in STFs.

For instance, as a rebutal to the OP, i have to say that my klingon sci officer managed to get all three pieces of Elite ground gear in only 5 runs and that was during one single day last week.

Meanwhile my klingon tact officer has still only one piece of Elite ground gear ( the armor ) after having done over 20 attempts for the gun in the Cure and over 10 attempts for the shield in Infected.

Luck is luck.

One thing thought. If you really have done over 200 attempts, you shoudl at least have earned over 200 EDC or even 400 if played in Elite. MK X gear is only 20 EDC and for 40 you can get MK XI.

So you could have a complete set of Veteran gear with 120 EDC and then keep having fun using it in Elite while tryin to acquire the rare MK XII.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
10-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Today a guy from a friendly fleet got all three prototype drops in just three matches.
Captain
# 5
10-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjumetley View Post
Today a guy from a friendly fleet got all three prototype drops in just three matches.
Hence confirming a overdone random factor.

I had to run about 400 of each of the space parts just to get ONE set.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Tin foil hat time

I have 3x more amassed Rare borg shield and engine tech, then deflector tech. We don't do ground missions so I can't comment on it. Not exactly sure how it's awarded, but if it's completely random something is broken. I don't have the stats but we do all the spaces ones in sequence, so it should be roughly equal.
Career Officer
# 7
10-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Random means random. When you look at the distribution of a series of random numbers, you will see big clumps close together and large gaps of nothing. If you flip a coin 50 times, you may very well get heads 50 straight times. That's a completely valid result, and it doesn't mean your coin is imbalanced. Now, with computers, there really is no "random", it's a pseudo-random number generator. It's close to random, but not really. There could be a pattern to it, but it's not patterns being complained about here, it's randomness. In other words, working as designed. If it somehow guaranteed to drop within X number of matches, that's not random anymore.

Randomness is ultimately fair as nobody has an advantage, but it's a harsh mistress. You could run thousands of STFs and get squat, which does little to motivate you to keep playing. But Cryptic has already heard these pleas, and has already redesigned the loot system for STFs. Until we see the shape of that, it's a bit pointless to nitpick the details of the current one.
Career Officer
# 8
10-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
Random means random. When you look at the distribution of a series of random numbers, you will see big clumps close together and large gaps of nothing. If you flip a coin 50 times, you may very well get heads 50 straight times. That's a completely valid result, and it doesn't mean your coin is imbalanced. Now, with computers, there really is no "random", it's a pseudo-random number generator. It's close to random, but not really. There could be a pattern to it, but it's not patterns being complained about here, it's randomness. In other words, working as designed. If it somehow guaranteed to drop within X number of matches, that's not random anymore.

Randomness is ultimately fair as nobody has an advantage, but it's a harsh mistress. You could run thousands of STFs and get squat, which does little to motivate you to keep playing. But Cryptic has already heard these pleas, and has already redesigned the loot system for STFs. Until we see the shape of that, it's a bit pointless to nitpick the details of the current one.
In other words, if you're running lots of Elite STF and sitll haven't gotten a drop,

IT means the RNG(Random Number Generator) God hates you.

REPENT SINNERS! SACRIFICE YOUR FLEET MARKS INTO YOUR FLEETS! REPENT REPENT!
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
10-17-2012, 11:49 PM
isnt the omega rep system in S7 going to abolish this random drop chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
10-18-2012, 12:01 AM
It took me 104 STFs total to get all six Mk XII sets. Interestingly enough each STF took me between 30-35 runs to get the tech it offers twice.
So that makes it one drop in roughly 15 runs on average.

I realize I must have been very lucky, and the sample size is not that big, but the numbers match a couple of friend's.

By now I have done quite a few more and the proto tech doesn't seem to drop as haften anymore...or maybe I just don't care as much anymore