Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,345
Hello all,

I have read some complaints about hard to complete fleet projects because the requirements are so high.
And most of us have no way of knowing what lies ahead until we see the project available.

For example, how should a common fleetie know it is a good idea to stash away any bottle of Romulan Ale or Dosi Rotgut if he ever wants to see a Fleet Bartender?

Or why he shouldn't sell some nice sensor doffs for a good price if he wants to use military operational assets at some point?

So I thought, let's make a thread where we can see way ahead of time, which items are worth keeping long term for the eventual fleet project.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,139
# 2
08-23-2012, 02:46 AM
I'm pretty sure I've discarded about 20 bottles of Rotgut over the months - that's about 4 million EC wasted in the current market. Enough to turn a man to the drink... he no longer has.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,410
# 3
08-23-2012, 09:22 AM
STO Wiki has a rather nice list of almost every Starbase project.

http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_starbase_projects
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,345
# 4
08-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Yes I know... But it is a bit dry and doesn't take into account actual "difficulty" level experienced by players.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 5
08-23-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm dreading whats on the horizon. Its already like a trip to the dentist to get 30 common security or 30 common sensor DOFFs without spending 20 mil on the exchange.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,410
# 6
08-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Its already like a trip to the dentist to get 30 common security or 30 common sensor DOFFs without spending 20 mil on the exchange.
You might want to talk to your fleet leaders then. 95% of fleets out there are probably not going to need any buff or military asset provisions and that's about the only thing the expensive (doff-wise) starbase missions provide. It's much easier to stick to the cheaper "Provision Fleet Ships" assignment.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 7
08-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
You might want to talk to your fleet leaders then. 95% of fleets out there are probably not going to need any buff or military asset provisions and that's about the only thing the expensive (doff-wise) starbase missions provide. It's much easier to stick to the cheaper "Provision Fleet Ships" assignment.

Also avoid the vanity missions.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 8
08-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
I'm dreading whats on the horizon. Its already like a trip to the dentist to get 30 common security or 30 common sensor DOFFs without spending 20 mil on the exchange.
I would say that's working as intended!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 34
# 9
08-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
I would say that's working as intended!


As would I - seems like its Working As Intended on my end...!
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91869635000&dateline=  1343363475
Ninth Fleet - 13 years and still going strong...
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 10
08-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
I would say that's working as intended!
Zing! Nice! +1 bonus Huzzah!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:28 AM.