Starfleet Veteran
# 111
08-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thryker View Post
Cost of a Common Fleet DOff (random) - 500 Fleet Credit
Cost of a Common Fleet DOff (Eng, Sci or Tac) - 750 Fleet Credits

Reward for donating a Common DOff - 150 Fleet Credits.

I fail to see how that is an exploit, if Im losing 350-600 Fleet Credits per DOff just to help level my own starbase...
Thanks for the info. My fleet didn't have any projects requiring DOffs (save for one that requires a purple Doctor I don't have), so I couldn't bounce numbers personally.

Then my only guess is that they don't want anyone doing it at a discount? But like I said, an official explanation sure would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncutter001 View Post
Doh!!!!!!!~
Chillax sport This isn't a contest or debate; I'm just trying to figure it out as much as any other fleet member.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Starfleet Veteran
# 112
08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
Thanks for the info. My fleet didn't have any projects requiring DOffs (save for one that requires a purple Doctor I don't have), so I couldn't bounce numbers personally.

Then my only guess is that they don't want anyone doing it at a discount? But like I said, an official explanation sure would be nice.
ha. Think we already got the official explanation yesterday when this was initially reported as a bug......

wait for it........

Working as intended!

You knew it was coming, right?
Lt. Commander
# 113
08-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
go to eta erandi, go to fleet base, buys doffs, leave fleet base, go to sirius, go to sol, go to SFA, do upgrade fleet doffs to green mission, do downgrade fleet doffs back to white mission, leave sfa, go to sirius, go to eta erandi......

oh yeah, thats magical alright. Magically retarded and a huge waste of time. But you keep on defending it, buddy. You DOFF your little heart out.

I'd prefer they just fix the problem they created by either rasing the prices of the fleet doffs or marking them as recognizably un-usable.

Huzzah...working as intended.
^^^^DAS!!! They need to quit wasting band-aids on the problems they created in the first place.

ISSUE: Need Common DOFFS for projects, but they are hard to come by.

BAND-AID: Fleet DOFFS now available, apparently without thought or testing as to how this will affect either the economy and/or base progression.

ISSUE: (The reason for the next band aid has not yet actualy been given, we can only assume that it was working as intended, but someone else now has other intentions)

BAND-AID: NERF Fleet DOFFS so that they can now NOT be used for the reason the much of the STO community believed they were intended, again without thought or testing as to how this will effect the economy and/or base progression.

We are all a bunch of monkeys behind a bunch of typewritters, and they are hoping against hope that somehow thru all of this we will collectively.... well you get the idea.

Last edited by wilsoncutter001; 08-23-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Captain
# 114
08-23-2012, 12:18 PM
CALM DOWN CALM DOWN!!!!

everything is "WORKING AS INTENDED" - remember me I am Legend
Starfleet Veteran
# 115
08-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncutter001 View Post
^^^^DAS!!! They need to quit wasting band-aids on the problems they created in the first place.

ISSUE: Need Common DOFFS for projects, but they are hard to come by.

BAND-AID: Fleet DOFFS now available, appaerntly without thought or testing as to how this will affect the either the economy and/or base progression.

ISSUE: (The reason for the next band aid has not yet actualy been given, we can only assume that it was working as intended, but somelese now has other intentions)

BAND-AID: NERF Fleet DOFFS so that they can now NOT be used for the reason the enitre community thought they were intended, again without thought or testing as to how this will effect the economy and/or base progression.

We are all a bunch of monkeys behind a bunch of typewritters, and they are hoping against hope that somehow thru all of this we will collectively.... well you get the idea.
That all of us monkeys will bang out on all those typewriters the lost Shakespeare play entitled....

"A Midsummers Night of Working as Intended Dream"....?
Lieutenant
# 116
08-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
That all of us monkeys will bang out on all those typewriters the lost Shakespeare play entitled....

"A Midsummers Night of Working as Intended Dream"....?

Bogle, in your signature, under the "Former Cardassian Oppressor", you need to add the line "Now Working as Intended".

You know it makes sense...
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91869635000&dateline=  1343363475
Ninth Fleet - 13 years and still going strong...
Starfleet Veteran
# 117
08-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thryker View Post
Bogle, in your signature, under the "Former Cardassian Oppressor", you need to add the line "Now Working as Intended".

You know it makes sense...
I'll see if I still have the file somewhere and add it in. Maybe add in Huzzah, too.
Lieutenant
# 118
08-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Indeed. It appears that, because you've spent time and fleet credits through no fault of your own, you've now essentially wasted all those resources.

This is a feature, which is now Working as Intended...
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91869635000&dateline=  1343363475
Starfleet Veteran
# 119
08-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
ha. Think we already got the official explanation yesterday when this was initially reported as a bug......

wait for it........

Working as intended!

You knew it was coming, right?
I know a dead horse when I see one, yes

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Lieutenant
# 120
08-23-2012, 12:25 PM
The horse isnt dead. It's merely working as intended...
Closed Thread