Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 35
# 131
08-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Its a bit of light sarcasm, in the face of utter idiocy over a game-breaking feature.

Since its highly doubtful that it will be fixed, due to this unbelievable "working as intended" comment regarding said game-breaking feature...

...why not laugh about it? Its better than crying...
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91869635000&dateline=  1343363475
Ninth Fleet - 13 years and still going strong...
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 132
08-23-2012, 01:52 PM
So I havent gotten a chance to get into the game yet. What is ESD chat looking like as people are suddenly discovering that the 300K EC DOFF they just bought to finish up a project is useless?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 35
# 133
08-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Im noticing a lot of people running towards the Personnel Officer at SFA...
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91869635000&dateline=  1343363475
Ninth Fleet - 13 years and still going strong...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 466
# 134
08-23-2012, 01:53 PM
This has forced me to cash in a lot of my fleet credits as I'll have to sell all these doffs now before PWE make fleet credits completely worthless. I hope everyone enjoys the doffs that I'm selling.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 135
08-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thryker View Post
...why not laugh about it?
Because it contributes nothing to the discussion.

Discuss the issue or leave the discussion. If you don't want to discuss the issue, but continue to post with the apparent aim of provoking other posters and derailing the discussion, you're either a troll or PWE sock puppet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 132
# 136
08-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thryker View Post
Because... 1. Thats too easy, and 2. It wouldnt generate any extra revenue.

And why should they? Obviously theres no problem with the Exchange, or the DOff market, or the Starbase system due to the latest patch?

No problem at all. Its now working as intended...
^^^^THIS....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozewa View Post
Well... your posts have been spammy, trolly, have added nothing to the discussion, and are fairly offensive.

You might not know this, but sarcasm doesn't really bleed through in text. So while you might think you're helping, all you're doing is making our complaints not seem legitimate by inserting yourself with these inane and banal comments which are only on topic in the loosest way.
.....THIS^^^^....


Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Know what else doesn't work well in text? Condescention. Although your post is pretty good at trying to convey it.

His posts are fine. If you'd rather not read them, ignore him.

I'm pretty sure the ignore feature still works - as intended.
....and THIS ^^^^^

.....Are exactly why PWE should allow for crazy notions like Petition threads. Each of these people are entitled to thier opinion, but none of these posts actualy deals with the problem at hand. If you were a DEV, would YOU bother to read thru pages and pages of this?

Again nothing against you three.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 371
# 137
08-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
So I havent gotten a chance to get into the game yet. What is ESD chat looking like as people are suddenly discovering that the 300K EC DOFF they just bought to finish up a project is useless?
People listen to zone chat?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncutter001 View Post
^^^^THIS....



.....THIS^^^^....




....and THIS ^^^^^

.....Are exactly why PWE should allow for crazy notions like Petition threads. Each of these people are entitled to thier opinion, but none of these posts actualy deals with the problem at hand. If you were a DEV, would YOU bother to read thru pages and pages of this?

Again nothing against you three.
Exactly. #my2ECs

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 138
08-23-2012, 01:55 PM
They "removed" not "moved" my "I am Legend" thread as soon as I asked if the unsubscribe button was "working as Intended"

I don't plan to unsubscribe over this issue - as I love the Game and for the most part I am happy with what the dev's do.

And all I said was that "some" people might want to know if it was "working as intended" after this boondoggle

I guess some humour is "not working as intended"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 139
08-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
Because it contributes nothing to the discussion.

Discuss the issue or leave the discussion. If you don't want to discuss the issue, but continue to post with the apparent aim of provoking other posters and derailing the discussion, you're either a troll or PWE sock puppet.
What discussion?

The devs remain mute on this, so all we have is one side complaining about this horrble design that they didnt even have the common courtesy to mention in the patch notes.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 140
08-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncutter001 View Post
^^^^THIS....



.....THIS^^^^....




....and THIS ^^^^^

.....Are exactly why PWE should allow for crazy notions like Petition threads. Each of these people are entitled to thier opinion, but none of these posts actualy deals with the problem at hand. If you were a DEV, would YOU bother to read thru pages and pages of this?

Again nothing against you three.
Yeah, of course, if Cryptic wanted to end the discussion, they could also just post something explaining why this decision was made and what the ramifications are going forward.

If they don't know what they are going to do about this issue, they could just post something that says "hey, yeah..we effed up. We will kick it around a little and let you know what we will do to un-eff this. Stay tuned. Thanks."

or they can continue to remain silent, in which case all we are left to assume is that it is indeed....

working as intended.

Huzzah!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:14 PM.