Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 734
# 451
08-29-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Thank you Cryptic for listening to us and restoring this mess into some sort of working order. Hopefully now people won't be dismissing DOFFs, instead they will be selling them on the exchange which will drive the prices down.

All in all a satisfactory solution and once again showing the power of our community.
My thoughts exactly. Cryptic fixed their mistake within a week -- albeit one that could have been entirely avoided if they listened to Tribble testing, or at least mitigated if ZeroniusRex actually explained the logic behind having a doff vendor on a starbase sell doffs that couldn't be used for the starbase. In the end, the change to dilithium dismissing will be a net positive for starbases in that people will have very little reason to scrap duty officers -- they'll either be consolidated or go on exchange, which drives down the prices.

When the starbase system was designed, it was basing it on common duty officers costing 15,000 EC a piece. Instead, many specializations are 10-30 times that.

Now if they could just do something about Romulan Ale and Dosi Rotgut...
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 69
# 452
08-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
It is as I initially said. They are unhappy that players are hitting their dil caps and therefore not buying as much Zpoints as they'd like.

This solution is a good one. What is not good is the lack of direct communication and the implied belief they can't be honest about their monetization intentions.
are u stupid u dont need duffs to hit the dill cap i hit the dill cap every day with in 5 to 30 mins of play time
(not by trashing duffs)

but due to the cap i found it easyer to just trade up and down the dill exchange as all dill comes thu allready refined


and it good to hear they putting allmost back to how it was as anything els just ment they would need to remove the duff seller off the sb as there would be no need for him in the game

and trashing duffs for the dill the amount u have to bin just to hit the 8k limit its easyer to do stfs and trash the chips

Last edited by spacebreeder; 08-29-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
# 453 Oh, so THAT'S what's wrong
08-29-2012, 09:34 AM
I was wondering why some of the Flight Deck Officers and Hazard Doffs weren't being recognized by the fleet starbase project as Operations Duty Officers?!?
How do you tell the difference?
So that you don't dismiss one and get nothing?
So that you don't buy one that 'refuses to do work' on a starbase?
Maybe they should put an image of 'the finger' in front of a Doff's image that gets no dil when dismissed and cannot be used for fleet starbase projects?
I put a bug check in on this, but if it's just 'messed up' then I guess I'll just put them back out on the exchange for the next sucker to come along and buy for nothing...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 454
08-29-2012, 09:36 AM
I wonder if anyone at Cryptic knows the user name of Levi3?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 734
# 455
08-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by handshaw View Post
I was wondering why some of the Flight Deck Officers and Hazard Doffs weren't being recognized by the fleet starbase project as Operations Duty Officers?!?
How do you tell the difference?
So that you don't dismiss one and get nothing?
So that you don't buy one that 'refuses to do work' on a starbase?
Maybe they should put an image of 'the finger' in front of a Doff's image that gets no dil when dismissed and cannot be used for fleet starbase projects?
I put a bug check in on this, but if it's just 'messed up' then I guess I'll just put them back out on the exchange for the next sucker to come along and buy for nothing...
My instinct is that these are fleet doffs. They should be usable when the patch on Tribble hits Holodeck (almost certainly tomorrow).
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 456
08-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Thank you Cryptic for listening to us and restoring this mess into some sort of working order. Hopefully now people won't be dismissing DOFFs, instead they will be selling them on the exchange which will drive the prices down.

All in all a satisfactory solution and once again showing the power of our community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
My thoughts exactly. Cryptic fixed their mistake within a week
Huh? What are you on? They didn't listen to us. They made a decision because they felt they weren't making enough on Zpoint sales then went and did their own thing, at their own pace, without informing or consulting the community.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,247
# 457
08-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Confirmation please... in reading the above, I may have missed the post where you could use the fleet doffs for projects again... is this correct?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 458
08-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
Confirmation please... in reading the above, I may have missed the post where you could use the fleet doffs for projects again... is this correct?
Yes, on tribble you can now use fleet doffs again for projects. Will hopefully be pushed to Holodeck tomorrow.

And there was much rejoicing.....
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 734
# 459
08-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
Huh? What are you on? They didn't listen to us. They made a decision because they felt they weren't making enough on Zpoint sales then went and did their own thing, at their own pace, without informing or consulting the community.
...Either you didn't see the patch notes on Tribble yesterday or you're missing something. I don't know which.

People thought it was outrageous to be able to not be able to contribute the doffs to starbase projects that a doff vendor on our starbase gave out. Borticus said they were looking into it and they reversed their policy while addressing their concern about it generating too much dilithium. This is a win.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,247
# 460
08-29-2012, 01:01 PM
I'd say its a complete win... although depending on your play style could be seen as a loss..

I saw another thread bemoaning the loss in dilithium for doff exchanges.

I count it as a win.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:15 AM.