Captain
I don't have a project going do I can't tell if they are useless or not - if they are useless I better hurry up and put them on the exchange!

And from now on all replies from Cryptic as to bugs or hair- brained ideas could be:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
That's working as intended.
Cryptic dev
Captain
# 42
08-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
So I'm pretty sure you just wasted the benefit of the doubt on Cryptic on this one, buddy. Sorry.
Wouldn't be the first time.

Well hopefully some sort of outrage will make them rethink this. If not... Well I guess that means one less thing to spend my FC's on.
Commander
# 43
08-23-2012, 10:32 AM
You can't contribute them to starbase projects, and you can't tell the difference between them and normal duty officers on the exchange. They're "working as intended" though.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
08-23-2012, 10:34 AM
In protest to this crap imma go flood the exchange with them > whose with me ? down with the system ! fight the power !
Career Officer
# 45
08-23-2012, 10:36 AM
If it's any consolation, if you decide that you have no use for those fleet DOffs, you can dismiss them for 0 dilithium and 0 CXP.

Wait, that probably isn't a consolation, is it?
Captain
# 46
08-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Well bravo to the the Dev and here response was accurate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
That's working as intended.
Captain
# 47
08-23-2012, 10:43 AM
There is now truly no reason at all to buy these Doff's. The whole point I thought was to help with fleet projects by giving a way to get white doffs.

They're not only worthless, but they're also going to be flooding the exchange and bring the whole idea of buying doff's from there to a screeching halt. Imagine buying a white doff for 500k EC's and find out you can't donate it to the fleet.

No one will be buying doff's anymore because you have no way of knowing if you'll get one you can use or not.

This is quite possibly the worse decision I've seen a MMO company make, and I started with SWTOR in beta...
Commander
# 48 hahahahahahahah.....
08-23-2012, 10:44 AM
HILARIOUS guys! made me laugh my a## off! oh, and starbases= one big fluffy rescource sink and thats DEFINATLY working as intended
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Career Officer
# 49
08-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Indeed. I started a thread in the Tribble forum yesterday about it. I understand it might be exploitable for the dilithium. But there REALLY NEEDS to be a way to tell the difference between a fleet doff or a regular doff on the exchange. Maybe the easiest way is to make the fleet doffs bound and untradable so they can't be listed in the first place. This would at least be preferable to the situation now.
# 50
08-23-2012, 10:48 AM
It also dampens ones desire to bother with or even continue to build, a Starbase.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Closed Thread