Lt. Commander
# 51
08-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
Wouldn't be the first time.

Well hopefully some sort of outrage will make them rethink this. If not... Well I guess that means one less thing to spend my FC's on.
Yup, I just confirmed this myself... no workie, workie

<sigh>
Lt. Commander
# 52
08-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointedears View Post
In protest to this crap imma go flood the exchange with them > whose with me ? down with the system ! fight the power !
Actually, I have removed what DOFFs I had on the exchange. There are a great meny people whom don't read these forums. I don't feel comfortable victimising others even if only to cause others to want to shout at PWE.

Still we as community need to find some way to get thier (PWE) attention.

This isn't just a matter of a change of system. PWE made a change, was directly told what the serious problems were with the change, and some people are going to have thier economic position in game terribly hurt by it. Imagine someone wanting to help with a project and going out and spending 5 or 6 Mil EC only to find out those DOFF are largely useless.

This is just plain wrong.

The fact that this is an unmentioned "feature" of Fleet DOFF's is simply OUTRAGEOUS.
Ensign
# 53
08-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde123123 View Post
Can we get somebody from Cryptic to share the wisdom and thinking behind creating starbase doffs?

Currently you can buy starbase doff packs for fleet credits. However doffs from those packs:

* cannot be contributed to sb projects
* do not give dil/recruitment xp on dismiss
* yet can still be sold on exchange

Now I do understand that there's certain brain thinning during the summer time but this is just beyond me.

What is the point of white doffs that cannot be used for the very purposes white doffs are used for: grind/dismiss/feed to sb projects? And those doffs look EXACTLY alike normal doffs that can be used for such purposes? (Read good luck buying doffs on exchange, especially those sensor doffs for 500k a piece).

And while I can foresee the "oh people with a lof of credits will buy a lot of doffs" argument, may I remind you that fleet credits do not come out of thin air.

I use them all time for fleet project. Since when fleet doff can't be used for project?
May from today's patch but till now I used them.
Flota/Fleet: TNT Grupa
Drzava/Country: BiH/Bosnia

Captain
# 54
08-23-2012, 11:50 AM
My feelings on the matter:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/im...ine=1345743735

I have no interest in playing a game that neither listens to nor understands its players and community.
Commander
# 55
08-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointedears View Post
In protest to this crap imma go flood the exchange with them > whose with me ? down with the system ! fight the power !
Please don't. That will only negatively impact other players who are buying DOFFs specifically for their starbases. Kind of rude.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
08-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misoratkovac View Post
I use them all time for fleet project. Since when fleet doff can't be used for project?
May from today's patch but till now I used them.
You don't use them all the time anymore, sparky. They are now officially useless.

But, good news: Its working as intended!
Captain
# 57
08-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncutter001 View Post
The fact that this is an unmentioned "feature" of Fleet DOFF's is simply OUTRAGEOUS.
Yes because if you look at the patch notes, it says nothing about them not being able to be used for fleet projects.

In fact if anything I'd assume something called a fleet Doff, that you buy on your SB, for FC's is intended to be used for fleet projects.

But apparently that's not how it's supposed to work, and a lot of people are going to spend a lot of FC's and EC's to buy something that is worthless for what the person wanted them for...

All without a single bit of warning by Cryptic.

If Fleet Doff's aren't supposed to be used for Fleet projects, then Cryptic needs to include that in their patch notes.
Captain
# 58
08-23-2012, 11:54 AM
it currently feels like somebody unloaded a truckload of targh turd onto my face...srsly who had that nasty idea to do that...and then not even have the decency to put t into the patch notes?
Go pro or go home
Lieutenant
# 59
This is outrageous. Why would they introduce a system of Fleet DOffs, which now cannot be used to help level the fleet starbase?

As XO of a fleet of around 90 or so players (Ninth Fleet, from SFC), I now have to go to all of them and ask them not touch the exchange, and to not bother with Fleet DOffs, and that none of them will be seeing Tier 4 before long. Boil/Breaking - boiling up 5 whites to a green, and breaking it down into 3 greens - is incredibly wasteful of fleet resources. And, now these will contaminate the exchange, we cant buy from their either, despite the massively inflated prices of whites.

Thing is, I think Ive worked out exactly why this has been done. Two reasons:

1. It forces all small and medium sized fleets without large and constant supplies of DOffs to switch to fleet projects that dont require them, all of which require Dilithium instead, to force people to grind or buy more Dilithium. = More profit.

and/or

2. For any hope of a medium fleet seeing Tier 4 before Christmas, the large 1000XP projects will need people to buy DOff packs. Again, more profit.

Im pretty sure I speak for everyone else here when I say, I want an immediate clarification. If not, "working as intended" will be the last note of this games' Wikipedia entry, when all the players have left and moved on.

Or, considering the profit driven nature of this and other recent decisions (i.e. 700Z EV Suits), I'll put it another way:

If this is not corrected within the next patch notes, I will be encouraging my fleet to avoid putting money towards any C-Store transactions, you wont be getting a penny from any of us. Also, I will pass this message on to our friends and allies, with the instructions to pass it on to theirs, and so on.

I sincerely hope that this is a big misunderstanding, and that its all fixed before long. If the intention was to put a nail in this game, and to totally devalue all the hard work your own developers put into creating Season 6 (and any future hope of this game), then fine.

"Working as intended".

Last edited by f9thryker; 08-23-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Captain
# 60
So it's true then? Starbase doffs can't be contributed? <Grooooooaaaaaan> Just when things were starting to look up, this happens.

<Le Sigh>

Working as intended..... THE DOFFS ARE RANDOMISED!!! How can you abuse that? It's not like the Starbase missions use a lot of generic doffs anyway! Exploits mine arse.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Closed Thread