Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,804
# 21
08-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshower View Post
Changing scattering field from a damage resistance buff to an AOE placate. Not like scramble sensors but something to where your enemy teams accuracy drops to near useless for so long and spread it out to like 9k instead of 3
An AoE field that reduces the accuracy of enemies within the field? I like that. A lot.

The Accurate trait and [ACC]x3 weapons are king in this game. This might make them less so.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 797
# 22
08-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
An AoE field that reduces the accuracy of enemies within the field? I like that. A lot.

The Accurate trait and [ACC]x3 weapons are king in this game. This might make them less so.
which incidently is what i think the idea of "scattering field" is supposed to do but instead gives you resistance.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 423
# 23
08-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
which incidently is what i think the idea of "scattering field" is supposed to do but instead gives you resistance.
If scattering Field was an AOE de-buff to the Targeting Sensors Skill, it would be an awesome Science Profession Ability that would in fact make sense. If done correctly, it should scale with the Sensors skill and Auxiliary power level.

Awesome idea!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 24
08-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
which incidently is what i think the idea of "scattering field" is supposed to do but instead gives you resistance.
So why not ask them for a replacment pack sensor doff.....

A doff that say adds a Target Acc Debuff to enemies effected by Dampening Field. Not sure if this one would be easy to code... seeing as damp field buffs friendlies... I could see then messing it up. Perhaps a +10-30 ACC buff to friendly targets.... could call it the Sensor Net Doff, as it uses the system to project targeting information or some such bs.

Would seem to be a good alt version of the sensor doff... and seeing as its a one of a kind doff... there is no possible way people on one ship could both debuff your acc and your dmg at the same time. I like it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 797
# 25
08-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
So why not ask them for a replacment pack sensor doff.....

A doff that say adds a Target Acc Debuff to enemies effected by Dampening Field. Not sure if this one would be easy to code... seeing as damp field buffs friendlies... I could see then messing it up. Perhaps a +10-30 ACC buff to friendly targets.... could call it the Sensor Net Doff, as it uses the system to project targeting information or some such bs.

Would seem to be a good alt version of the sensor doff... and seeing as its a one of a kind doff... there is no possible way people on one ship could both debuff your acc and your dmg at the same time. I like it.
there are no doffs that i know of that can be used in combo with duty officer trigger/passive powers.

i dont think itd be a good idea to make one.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:45 PM.