Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
# 1 reassign doffs
08-23-2012, 02:29 PM
I can't reassign my base doffs and reason why I have read the forums that say you can do this but i get this error message --->[8/23 5:22] [System] [ItemAssignmentFeedback] Failed to start new assignment "Common Duty Officer Reassignment".
why?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 34
# 2
08-23-2012, 03:13 PM
The latest patch disabled the ability to contribute DOffs bought at your starbase (Fleet DOffs) to projects.

For fear of this thread being merged/locked, which it probably will be, Im not going to say anything further on this subject. Other than I am very, very disappointed.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91869635000&dateline=  1343363475
Ninth Fleet - 13 years and still going strong...
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
# 3
08-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thryker View Post
The latest patch disabled the ability to contribute DOffs bought at your starbase (Fleet DOffs) to projects.

For fear of this thread being merged/locked, which it probably will be, Im not going to say anything further on this subject. Other than I am very, very disappointed.
Did my op mention anything about contributing to the bases ..... no .... I want to reassign them at the academy and i'm getting an error message. Reading all the forum post that say you can reassign the doffs.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 34
# 4
08-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetboobsn View Post
I can't reassign my base doffs and reason why I have read the forums that say you can do this but i get this error message --->[8/23 5:22] [System] [ItemAssignmentFeedback] Failed to start new assignment "Common Duty Officer Reassignment".
why?

Double check to make sure none of them are being used on assignments. If one of them is, the whole mission wont start.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91869635000&dateline=  1343363475
Ninth Fleet - 13 years and still going strong...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 466
# 5
08-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Check that you have a free assignment slot. If you have zero available it won't start.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 132
# 6
08-23-2012, 04:16 PM
I had a large number of Fleet Doffs in stasis (mail system) awaiting use for projects. I have since reassigned them without issue.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
# 7 issues
08-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncutter001 View Post
I had a large number of Fleet Doffs in stasis (mail system) awaiting use for projects. I have since reassigned them without issue.
Yes I see what you wrote but I logged onto another toon, canceled all of my assignments and still get this error message --->8:27] [System] [ItemAssignmentFeedback] Failed to start new assignment "Common Duty Officer Reassignment".

If someone else is experiencing this message please tell me how you resolved it.
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
# 8
11-03-2012, 03:38 AM
I'm getting this same issue. I have 37 open roster slots and 16 open assignment slots. I've tried with bound and unbound purple DOffs (obviously using the Very Rare Duty Officer Transfer) and they always fail to start.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 157
# 9
11-04-2012, 04:20 PM
One issue I noticed, if you have doff's on assignment, and then go to contribute doff's to a starbase project, the starbase project won't accept the contribution at all.
For example, if you have 5 of 20 colonists on assignment for "recruit labor..." and then attempt to assign colonists to the colonization starbase project, the starbase project window will show you all 20 colonists and let you assign the 5 colonists on the recruit labor assignment. This causes the starbase project to freeze.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:03 PM.