Career Officer
So Tier 3 Engineering unlocks the following Elite Fleet Equipment.

Armor:
You get all the types of armor. Each has [ResAll], one other and [Nanite]. Nanite Procs when you get below 50% for +250 HP heal and a remove Expose effect for 3 seconds. This can only happen once per 3 minutes.

Weapons:
They only come in Phaser or Disruptor Varieties. All have [Dmg]x2, one of CritX/KB3/DOT3, and an energy specific mod. Disruptors have a 15% chance of vaporizing a target low on health, and Phasers have a 5% chance of healing your shields for +42 HP whenever you fire a shot.

Blast Assaults, Miniguns, Split Beams, and High Density rifles come in both Varieties. Federation only gets Phaser Pulsewaves, Sniper Rifles, Full Auto Rifles, and pistols (and the only pistols you get are Stun and Widebeam).

I can see limiting the Weapons to Disruptors and Phasers to keep it thematic, but you should let both factions get all combinations of Weapon and Energy type. I really want a Pulsewave on my characters, but I already use the MACO Phaser Rifle, so I would be at a disadvantage vs Borg.

Last edited by atatassault; 08-23-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
08-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Wow...

I'm sorry, but that looks like total crap. What a waste. If the other "elite" items are like this, I'll just stick with the advanced items. Even more sad, standard Mk XI equipment and even the Borg items still look magnitudes better than either advanced or elite fleet items.

Way to drop the ball on this Cryptic. Curious to see what everything else looks like.

Edit: The weapon procs do look a bit useful, but what is "low health?" 25%? 20%? 15%? And does it apply to all types of enemies or just the lower ranked ones?

(Oh, and grats on Tier 3.)
@HyperLimited

Last edited by hypl; 08-23-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
08-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Wow...

I'm sorry, but that looks like total crap. What a waste. If the other "elite" items are like this, I'll just stick with the advanced items. Even more sad, standard Mk XI equipment and even the Borg items still look magnitudes better than either advanced or elite fleet items.

Way to drop the ball on this Cryptic. Curious to see what everything else looks like.

(Oh, and grats on Tier 3.)
I've only given you the mods. The stats on the armors at least are quite nice. I forgot to make damage comparisons, but I'll do that tomorrow as I've already logged off.
Career Officer
# 4
08-24-2012, 06:29 AM
If the elite gear doesn't have a suit with a helmet, then they are fail before we even get to the stats.....
Commander
# 5
08-24-2012, 09:05 AM
anyone ever sayed fleet items will be better then the old borg sets?

the fleet items only new toys thats all.
and the have no helmets there is no reason to have it, if you will have the epic khg helm work for it.
Captain
# 6
08-24-2012, 09:13 AM
probably get an armor...if they come with [crtD]80%...otherwise, no thx.

phaser weapons sound kind of interesting, probably gonna get a pulsewave, allthough i would have loved a compression pistol.

my idea was to run 2 piece maco/omega + fleet elite armor with [crtD] + fleet elite weapon...need to see if it is worth it or not though.
Go pro or go home
Empire Veteran
# 7
08-24-2012, 01:43 PM
I will say this is kind of disappointing about what we are getting here. It's all rather nice, but nothing is really...popping out at me.

They're interesting and unique, but not an overwhelming thing either. I think part of it is that we were all expecting that stuff to have that 'wow factor' and we over thought it.

Maybe in the future they'll expand the weapon choices out some more.