Lt. Commander
# 1 Chrome and website login.
08-24-2012, 12:21 AM
While ago (a week, or two) the STO website worked just fine and dandy with Chrome, but then it suddenly stopped accepting login. IE works just fine though, but I'd rather resort to it only when everything else fails.

Cookies are all enabled, same with JavaScript - as a matter of fact I've never touched either IE's or Chrome's default settings.

What gives?
Commander
# 2
08-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Anikaiful, what you have described was identical to the first symptom I noticed, shortly before being unable to log into the game at all. When I first noticed this problem, with connecting to this Forum via Chrome, I ran a Google search for this forum and while that link also failed to connect, Google did provide me with access to a cached version of this Forum. I clicked on one of the Forum threads (through the cached version) and, on a whim, tried the login link there. And it logged me in! I then replaced my Chrome bookmark, with the new address (which I also noticed had changed).

Since all that happened, last week, I have been unable to connect to STO's launcher login/patch updater at all. Hopefully, the same thing will not happen to you. Yet, if it does, then please feel free to chime in, among those of us who have been effected, here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=352481 .
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71
Lieutenant
# 3
08-24-2012, 10:54 AM
hmm. possibly similar to what I'm experiencing. I can log in fine with chrome, but it won't remember me. Cookies are enabled (for this site), yet every time I open the site I need to log back in.

edit: This started last weekend. Fails even if I turn adblock off.

Last edited by glyken; 08-24-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-03-2012, 12:52 AM
...seems to be fixed now, can again log on to forums with Chrome.
~~~~[ signed by ]~~~~
FED: Mir Fnar <S>, Shillegah Z'Cknli <R,E>, Neane <E>
KDF: A'ma <T>, Ethexio <S>
~~~~[ in game since 2010 ]~[ accolades: 13,910 pts ]