Commander
# 11
08-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Tetyron are only shine when they're used to strip shields. If your looking for raw damage you should be looking at a phaser proc to kill shields, a disruptor to lower hull damage resistance, or a anti-proton weapon for the crit bonus.

If your using a pure tetryon beam boat with no torpedo or fighters your not a pushover, but your mainly setting your self up to be support for something that will rip into a hull. Though something to weight that against is you will be through the shield faster, and doing hull damage faster then with something that will throw out bigger numbers.

I like it with my Atrox simply because I can match the damage bonus with my stalkers, pile on the shield damage with that and the fighter's sweep ability. I'm mostly just clearing the way for someone else to do the real damage.
Commander
# 12
08-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by resoundingenvoy View Post
Tetyron are only shine when they're used to strip shields. If your looking for raw damage you should be looking at a phaser proc to kill shields, a disruptor to lower hull damage resistance, or a anti-proton weapon for the crit bonus.

snip
phaser does no more damage than a tetryon and overall worse vs borg as the proc duration is shortened considerably. phasers also randomly effect one of 4 subsystems, no guarantee that it will be shields, applying a short immunity to further phaser procs if one does hit.

tetryons shield drain proc on the other hand is permanent dependent on continued fire and shield regen/heal abilities of the target.

since damage is equal with all energy weapon types, there is only the proc that differentiates them.
disruptor is an all around a nice proc, requires no skilling.
phaser decent against anything non-borg,
tetryon good vs everything, especially anything that uses some form of tac team or shield reinforcement. requires skilling and sci consoles to increase the effectiveness of the proc.
anti-proton...the worst of all weapons unless some conditions are met. 2 of which are highly skilled in weapon specialization and accuracy, third is a tac, APA can make up somewhat for lower skilled values of the above and then only briefly.

back to topic
only the weapons you mentioned so won't bother with the rest. as to personal tet preferences:
phased tetryon DC's or DHC's under crf...shield stripper? no...shield shredder with a 591 and some change to all facings. and csv at groups just... i also pack torps so...

for beam arrays, faw, skip BO, add a torp fore and aft to take advantage of all the gleaming bare hull. in case you don't know, vs a single target like stf bosses faw acts as crf. increased ROF.