Career Officer
# 21
09-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Just dropping in, my opinion is that the first list the players should see is a list of the "top new" missions. Exactly what is included in the new list would take more thought.

Neverwinter has completely redone the way Foudnry missions are listed, and hopefujlly STO's will follow suit.

Here's an excerpt from my article on StarbaseUGC.com: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...inter-foundry/

Quote:

There are three different ways that UGC missions can be accessed:
  • The landing page
  • Notice boards
  • NPCs

The landing page loads every time a player logs on and within the page ?Upcoming Events?, the guild ?Message of the Day? and ?Auction House Status? are located. Foundry missions are prominently featured with a short list of missions highlighted by Cryptic. The full catalogue of UGC missions can also be accessed from this location. There are numerous ways to filter missions such as by level, rating, language etc?The mission list is similar to the catalogue in Star Trek Online, but with more detail and has the ability to group missions into Campaigns.

A more ?RP? way to access UGC missions will be the job board. From here the list of UGC missions will appear in a similar way as the landing page?s mission catalogue.

Finally UGC missions may be accessed by speaking with barmaids or harper agents who provide a small selection that are appropriate for the area.

Rihannsu
# 22
09-10-2012, 01:49 PM
One thing that might make for an improvement to the current rating system is having the system automatically delete reviews over a certain age. I've seen missions in the foundry that have OVER NINE THOUSAND! reviews spanning a time period of years...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
09-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
One thing that might make for an improvement to the current rating system is having the system automatically delete reviews over a certain age. I've seen missions in the foundry that have OVER NINE THOUSAND! reviews spanning a time period of years...
Well just cause a mission has a bunch of reviews already doesn't mean it isn't worth playing by someone new to the game. I think what would be better is what's been said earlier, a New and Hot filter that only shows you missions under say 10 reviews sorted by star rating.

I think there's a lot of good ideas in this thread, essentially what I would like to see is more and better filters, so players will be able to see the kind of mission they want to play without having to wade through what they don't want to play. So if I wanted to play an hour-long, space-combat only, story-based mission with Romulan enemies, I could search for exactly that. And I like the location-based idea from the NW Foundry. If I pop into the Vendor Sector in Alpha Centauri, I should be able to bring up a listing of all Foundry missions that start there.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
# 24
09-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Well just cause a mission has a bunch of reviews already doesn't mean it isn't worth playing by someone new to the game. I think what would be better is what's been said earlier, a New and Hot filter that only shows you missions under say 10 reviews sorted by star rating.

I think there's a lot of good ideas in this thread, essentially what I would like to see is more and better filters, so players will be able to see the kind of mission they want to play without having to wade through what they don't want to play. So if I wanted to play an hour-long, space-combat only, story-based mission with Romulan enemies, I could search for exactly that. And I like the location-based idea from the NW Foundry. If I pop into the Vendor Sector in Alpha Centauri, I should be able to bring up a listing of all Foundry missions that start there.
The idea is that, if it's a good mission people play regularly, it will continue to get reviews even though old reviews eventually disappear.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.