Lt. Commander
Kyle Horner of Massively put together an editorial on combat in Star Trek, and how it applies to the design philosophy in Star Trek games. Check it out here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-23-2009, 04:20 PM
WOOT thanks Rekhan!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Gah, is it j ust me or is Massively not loading very well today?

I keep getting time outs and have to try again and again before it eventually loads. I"m guessing it could very well be my internet connection >< but I figure I should ask just to be sure.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel
Gah, is it j ust me or is Massively not loading very well today?

I keep getting time outs and have to try again and again before it eventually loads. I"m guessing it could very well be my internet connection >< but I figure I should ask just to be sure.
its you... everything loads just fine for me
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-23-2009, 04:38 PM
That's what I figured <-.->; *grumble* will have to call the ISP tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Hahah yeahhh finally a voice of "reasoning". Im not totally sure if Battle is what ties everything together in Star Trek but conflict is and its good to hear the point of view the author gave. Good read too i might add.

And to all you Voyager haters... ull be surprised at the quality of work that goes into the episodes. Robert Picardo is a stud actor and the best doc imo.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-23-2009, 05:18 PM
I really liked this article. I think he brought out a lot of good points.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Wow! I love these You not a real Trek Fan articles. Especially when they say I started to watch trek at this point. Which is never at the beginning or the reruns of the TOS. So now your going to tell older fans from the beginning how they are not fans. Mainly because the will not get with times and changes made to the series. It's like owning a PS2, and telling someone who has been gaming since the Atari 2600 or NES. They are not gamers because they don't believe graphics is more important then game play. Since that is the new standard.
Personally I can care less that they are milking the combat part of this game. If you are going to sale this. You need to show the most exciting part off. Like in a movie trailer. I just hope in the future people think before they make dumb statements.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Nice article and even nicer videos But I sense Roddenberry purists and Immersionists may not like this one.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Notice the guy who wrote that doesn't actually watch DS9....the Klingons didn't break the Khitomer Accords to go fight the Romulans, it was the Cardassians.