Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Caitians or Klingons?
08-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Hello so i am starting a new federation tactical charachter, and i am not sure who to pick, caitians or klingon, who would you pick and why?
Empire Veteran
# 2
08-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrci2907 View Post
Hello so i am starting a new federation tactical charachter, and i am not sure who to pick, caitians or klingon, who would you pick and why?
Frankly, if you want to play a Klingon, join the KDF. Klingons are FREE there.
The only thing special about Caitioans/Ferasans is the increased jump (with most grounds having been "Catproofed" to prevent getting a character stuck) and their Pounce (which is just a half strength version of Lunge).
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-24-2012, 10:54 AM
I really comes down to looks, so go Klingon, cat-people are creepy. And for that matter, as the other poster said, come on over to the KDF.
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
Career Officer
# 4
08-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Caitians are cool; plus, they have tails!
Captain
# 5
08-24-2012, 11:01 AM
There's no mechanical advantage between the two, so it just comes down to aesthetics. Pick the one you think you'll enjoy looking at more.
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
There's no mechanical advantage between the two, so it just comes down to aesthetics. Pick the one you think you'll enjoy looking at more.
This^
But just remember, if you make a Caitian Female, and put her in a skirt, don't get sick from seeing her fuzzy legs.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Career Officer
# 7
08-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I'd say if you're on the fence, make a Ferasan.

I didn't buy them because I never wound up playing my Caitian to begin with; I probably would have bought them if they unlocked an extra Klingon costume for my Klingon though, just to show support.

In general, I don't buy every ship. I like ground more. But I'll buy any costume or species you wave in my face. Less so on species now because I have over 10 alts. To get me to buy more species, they'd need to add some kind of value for my existing alts, include a character slot, or be SO COOL that I'd be willing to buy a character slot to play them. (Ie. linked Bynars where you have two characters as your avatar, Edosians, Avians, Cardassians if they include a uniform, etc.)
Empire Veteran
# 8
08-24-2012, 12:52 PM
You could always make both eventually.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 9
08-24-2012, 12:59 PM
I like the Caitians mostly because I like cats, but I actually do find the jumping a guilty pleasure. It is fun to be able to jump completely over people.

It also does seem to add better mobility on some maps, being able to jump over rather than go around.

It makes extra sense if you plan on flying an Atrox.

And as others have said, if you want to play a Klingon, go KDF and do it right
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-24-2012, 03:17 PM
I had a caitian boff for a while... I liked him despite the fact he scratched up all the doorframes on my ship and occasionally sprayed on the furniture... but then he ate a bunch of the planted rhododendrons in my cabin, got really sick and we had to have him put to sleep... I'll miss you Commander Fluffy