Republic Veteran
# 1 1000 day Veteran Reward
08-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Good afternoon. Was wondering what the 1000 day Veteran Reward is/going to be? Any help is appreciated.

This thread has been merged with other threads on the same topic, so if the conversation seems somewhat disjointed please remember this.

Tobar

Last edited by tobar26th; 08-30-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
08-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Except for whats been posted on the Veterans Reward Page, nothing has been 'officially' announced yet...
http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/veteran-rewards
Republic Veteran
# 3
08-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Cool. Thank you.
Lieutenant
# 4
08-24-2012, 01:31 PM
In other words you are getting:

A starship variant (most likely cosmetic)
A free starship slot (For those of you that just HAVE to collect them all)
An exclusive Forum Title

Cryptic and PWE, please note that these types of rewards do NOT encourage people to shell out 300 USD for a lifetime membership, or the equivalent of $0.50 daily in monthly membership fees.

Please find better ways to reward your Gold members than with beads and trinkets. This is not Manhattan and we are not naieve natives that you can fool forever.

Some possibilities for Gold member rewards, since I believe anyone who denegrates a system should have an idea how it can be fixed:

GOLD Master Keys - one free per month to all Gold Members - allows you to open 10 lockboxes of your choice.
Latinum Series Master Keys - available only to Gold members with 500 days or more - allows you to open any number of lockboxs of a particular series (Each series key sold seperately) - available for the price of a 10 pack of regular keys in the Z Store
Latinum Master Key - K Series - A reward at 1000 days - Bound to Account, so it can be traded across characters - Allows unlimited opening of all lockboxes released up to and including the 1000 day mark of the game. (This means that the K1 series released with the 1000 day rewards would open Cardassian, Ferengi, and Tholian Lockboxes.)

The Latinum Series Keys are purchaseable, but the Gold and K Series keys are not.
The Gold Keys have a limited use, but neither of the Latinum Keys do (They are permanent keys)

If you were to implement this in some form, you would ensure that your PAYING MEMBERS would be the ones actually grabbing lockboxes in the hopes of winning the top prizes.

Do as you will, but realize that the longer that these Veteran rewards are left as purely Cosmetic, the fewer new subscribers you will attract.
Captain
# 5
08-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Doubt your latinum Master Keys idea will ever occur at the current drop rate. It would completely mess up the economy if I can open up thousands of lockboxes for free.
Career Officer
# 6
08-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Doubt your latinum Master Keys idea will ever occur at the current drop rate. It would completely mess up the economy if I can open up thousands of lockboxes for free.
Sony does it with DCUO. If I could get some of the people I enjoy playing with in there, I would buy a lifetime sub for that reason specifically.
Captain
# 7
08-24-2012, 08:05 PM
While the vet rewards aren't bad, there's nothing there that really seems worth the 300 LTS or monthly fees. i would LOVE for cryptic to institute something like DCUO did with the Prometheus boxes.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Dev's have stated earlier (not gonna find the quote) that the veteran ship variant will actually be a new ship for all 1000 day vets. Perhaps it's going to be "that ship that must not be named"!!!
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-25-2012, 04:52 AM
Yes, It's the Green Lump of Putty that I found under my armpit.
Captain
# 10
08-25-2012, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazag View Post
Yes, It's the Green Lump of Putty that I found under my armpit.
One midsummer morning. You should compose an 'Ode' to it.