Career Officer
# 101
09-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Iam hoping for w/e type ship it is.. (wells class I hope) itll contain the first ever ship to have all universal bof layout to allow any sort of combinations for a cpt to use.. would be a bad ass 1000 day gift for us old timers
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Captain
# 102
09-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Based on the combats we've seen the Wells in we know it's a Science Vessel - as it only has 6 weapon slots.
Starfleet Veteran
# 103
09-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
The more I think about it, the more I think it'll be Odyssey/Bortas variants...

And that we'll see the support craft get C-Store versions.
omg i realy hope not i got 4 odysseys now the free one and the three variant pack lol what would i need a 5th one for lol
Captain
# 104
09-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmerzan View Post
omg i realy hope not i got 4 odysseys now the free one and the three variant pack lol what would i need a 5th one for lol
This. I have 3 Odysseys and 3 Bortas. Obviously on different characters. I am hoping for a completely new ship not some type of variation of an existing playable ship. So no retrofits and no T5 Constitution.
Starfleet Veteran
# 105
09-04-2012, 11:49 PM
No to more Odysseys.

YES to T5 Connie.

If we remove all Connie references from this game then all the ships with the classic saucer/ hull and nacelles would have to be reworked so everything looked like a Defiant.

I'll never understand those that hate on the Connie while worshipping the ships and series that stand on the backs of THE Enterprise and TOS.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Captain
# 106
09-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
No to more Odysseys.

YES to T5 Connie.

If we remove all Connie references from this game then all the ships with the classic saucer/ hull and nacelles would have to be reworked so everything looked like a Defiant.

I'll never understand those that hate on the Connie while worshipping the ships and series that stand on the backs of THE Enterprise and TOS.
Cause its over a hundred years out of date. Having it be on par with Tier 5 ships makes no sense.
Captain
# 107
09-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Ody / Bortas Real T6 Dreadnough

With 3 Narcells (on the Ody at least) and inbuild phaser / disruptor lance
Career Officer
# 108
09-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theanothername View Post
Ody / Bortas Real T6 Dreadnough

With 3 Narcells (on the Ody at least) and inbuild phaser / disruptor lance
That would be interesting.

And I mainly think it's an Oddy/Bortas because I th the primary value of the 1000 day vet reward will be that it unlocks a costume for an existing ship or group of ships.

There are quite a few Oddy/Bortas ships. (4 versions of each.) nd yet only one costume. So an extra costume would synergize well with that.

In particular, for the Oddy, I can see:

Round saucer (frequently requested)
Single neck (frequently requested)
Forward nacelles (like the Sovvie C-Store ship)
Commander
# 109
09-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Oddy variants. A Wells variant. An Undyne ship that takes the forms of three different variants. All veteran rewards that I can't use.

Guess I should start preparing myself for disappointment.
Career Officer
# 110
09-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I assume the costume will be the bigger perk of the vet reward and the ship itself will be inferior to a C-Store ship or equal and capable of using one or more C-Store consoles.
Since I didn't get warm with the flagship classes (friggin' bathtub turn rate) it would be the most useless veteran reward possible for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Cause its over a hundred years out of date. Having it be on par with Tier 5 ships makes no sense.
The D'kyr ist 200 years out of date. The Excelsior is around 100 years old too.

While the Constitution (or Excalibur/Vesper for all I care) would be my personal favourite, I would really love to see the Wells with a bird of prey boff setup. It already has the same number of weapon slots. Maybe that could even lure me out of my Excelsior.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.