Captain
# 11
08-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazag View Post
Yes, It's the Green Lump of Putty that I found under my armpit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
One midsummer morning. You should compose an 'Ode' to it.
NO!!! You mustn't! It'll kill a lot of people and force a rather important person to survive by gnawing his arm off!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Career Officer
# 12
08-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
One midsummer morning. You should compose an 'Ode' to it.
Oh those darn Vogons... ;-) Their poetry is something to behold.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
08-30-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm curious as if to they are going to extend the Vet rewards to 2000 days and the like after the 1000 one has been hit.
Career Officer
# 14
08-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creamyzombie View Post
I'm curious as if to they are going to extend the Vet rewards to 2000 days and the like after the 1000 one has been hit.
This was answered in the August 'Ask Cryptic' news post...
Quote:
Q: (robpivarnik) Love the account bank, but with all the new pets, consumables, and other goodies? any chance we old-timers can get a few more rows of bank slots? as a 1701-day veteran?s reward, perhaps?

Dstahl: You won?t have to wait a couple more years to get more bank slots. We intend to continue offering account or regular bank slots as additional reward unlocks either through the veteran system, via future rank additions, or as a reward for completing other personal development systems in the future.

We don?t expect the current caps on any type of slots to be the final caps. That also includes Ship slots, Foundry project slots, and pretty much any other type of slot in the game.
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=634281
Captain
# 15
08-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
GOLD Master Keys - one free per month to all Gold Members - allows you to open 10 lockboxes of your choice.
Latinum Series Master Keys - available only to Gold members with 500 days or more - allows you to open any number of lockboxs of a particular series (Each series key sold seperately) - available for the price of a 10 pack of regular keys in the Z Store
Latinum Master Key - K Series - A reward at 1000 days - Bound to Account, so it can be traded across characters - Allows unlimited opening of all lockboxes released up to and including the 1000 day mark of the game. (This means that the K1 series released with the 1000 day rewards would open Cardassian, Ferengi, and Tholian Lockboxes.)
Why on earth would they give out stuff each month that costs more in the c-store than a 1-month subscription?
Career Officer
# 16
08-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Very simple, the 1000 day reward is a tier 5 Conni
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Captain
# 17
08-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
Perhaps it's going to be "that ship that must not be named"!!!
I certainly hope not. We have enough problems without "those people" messing around in our affairs.
Career Officer
# 18
08-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I certainly hope not. We have enough problems without "those people" messing around in our affairs.
The Wells would be an awesome ship to have for the 1,000 Day Vet Reward. It would be the first time int he history of Veteran Rewards that Cryptic actually gave the playerbase something that they actually want.
Captain
# 19
08-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Sony does it with DCUO. If I could get some of the people I enjoy playing with in there, I would buy a lifetime sub for that reason specifically.
And those lockboxes have a rarer drop rate and they are bind on pickup. Which is why I said at the current drop rate. I can purchase 1000 lockboxes for very cheap in this game without doing anything. For STO to do this, then the drop rate would have to be 1 or 2 every day or whatever DCUO's drop rate is and Bind on Pickup.
Career Officer
# 20
08-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creamyzombie View Post
The most recent dev comment (32:30 from Salami Inferno Priority One #88 in July 2012) was they have no plans (keep in mind -- things can always change) to expand it beyond 1000 days. That doesn't mean gold subscribers won't get goodies, they just won't be time-gated -- for example, getting an invite to closed beta for Neverwinter for LTS.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)