Career Officer
# 31
08-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
Talk to CBS for the old ships and the Ent J CBS is the one who said no to a Ent J not cryptic

and im glad they did say no
As I recall, CBS only said "no" to the Enterprise-J if it's less than two miles long. Cryptic is the one who said they had to make it smaller for gameplay.

I think it could be a hub. It couldn't be a ship because CBS wouldn't allow it to be downsized for gameplay reasons and Cryptic can't support a ship that is 5 times the Odyssey's size.
Career Officer
# 32
08-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
That's what Dan said. They agreed they wouldn't be making it "as envisioned." CBS said, "Make it as envisioned or don't put it in."
Starfleet Veteran
Career Officer
# 34
08-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Might be a rarity issue if they give us ships that looks like it belongs in the 29th Century. The amount of people that will reach 1000 days or even reach 1000 days will be the total amount of lifetime subscribers minus lifers that will never play this game again. I doubt that even 1% of the players in this game will ever reach the 1000 day veteran reward. I have just over a month to go for whatever this ship would be.

Of course, it might be possible that these ships are based on designs that the Department of Temporal Investigations and their KDF counterpart took on the Wells and Korath ships. So there will be some minor improvements that these ships have, but nowhere near what a ship 400 years in the future would have compared to present day starships.

Of course, it is more likely that these are npc models for a future time travel mission or a mission that has been scrapped and we will never see it. I have no idea what the 1000 day veteran reward ship will look like, but since it says starship variant, then chances are that it will be a retrofit.
I'd guess almost 20% of the players are lifers although maybe about half of lifers don't play at all. Beyond that, many subbers have days built up. (I figure there's a good 50k lifers.)

I can see where they'd do this to get people to resub. A subscription becomes a timeship installment plan. I can also see where they might change vet rewards so that lifers get them all instantly in order to push impulse sales of lifetime accounts.

They said they were looking at adding value to subbing. My theory is that vet rewards ARE the value in subbing in their model. If you want them, sub for 'em.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35 TOS Connie here we come!
08-30-2012, 03:04 PM
I think that the real special surprise is that Cryptic was told by CBS that all the real Star Trek fans have been around for over 1000 days and should be allowed to receive a Tier 6 Connie of their choice
<div align=center>http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/205090/New_new_WP_Banner_copy.png</div>
Career Officer
# 36
08-30-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm kind of curious how they'll go about it.

I wonder if it might be a non-standard ship like the lockbox ones. Perhaps even one that levels with the player, though I doubt they have the tech for that. Common sense makes me assume that whatever it is, its not going to be the best out there, but it should be something neat to look at or operate. Maybe a Vice Admiral Gold plated Connie? =p.

I doubt CBS would allow anything too far out of the way, which is why I'm thinking it will be token based choice between the three main types of ships (probably a variant of the Defiant, Galaxy, and Intrepid), possibly with more universal bridge officers slots, and maybe a special power/console included that references the shows they originated from.
Captain
# 37
08-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortsim View Post
I'm kind of curious how they'll go about it.

I wonder if it might be a non-standard ship like the lockbox ones. Perhaps even one that levels with the player, though I doubt they have the tech for that. Common sense makes me assume that whatever it is, its not going to be the best out there, but it should be something neat to look at or operate. Maybe a Vice Admiral Gold plated Connie? =p.

I doubt CBS would allow anything too far out of the way, which is why I'm thinking it will be token based choice between the three main types of ships (probably a variant of the Defiant, Galaxy, and Intrepid), possibly with more universal bridge officers slots, and maybe a special power/console included that references the shows they originated from.
Ships that level with you is impossible with the current system. Each ship uses a model that indicates weapon, console, and boff layout. Since this is the biggest difference between ship tiers, then to do a ship that levels with you would mean to replace the ship at each tier. Most likely is part of the reason why we have to purchase Fleet Ships instead of using an upgrade to improve our ships.
Career Officer
# 38
08-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
I do hope that its 1000 day rewards "wells class" make me soooo happy, problalby jump out of my seat with so excitement.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Survivor of Romulus
# 39
08-30-2012, 06:18 PM
apparently not the wells so a dev said in game.
Career Officer
# 40
08-31-2012, 05:03 AM
I want the 1000 Day Reward to include the Veteran Bridge Officer they got for the S5 dilithium conversion. Because honestly the 800 day Mugato sucked pretty hard.