Empire Veteran
# 751
10-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Come to think of it, its a bit insane to make someone wait 2yrs + just to acquire the new ship. Especially when we do not know the fate of STO in the upcoming years (Not implying its going under any time soon), but nobody knows.

Truth is, if any new customer purchase or UPGRADES to LIFER they should get these rewards instantly.

Here is the thing for those that continue to grind their teeth and complain about new LIFER's. I know many Gold subscribers and now silver players that have put their time in or are putting their time STO - Just because they do not have a VET Number in their account, does not mean they haven't invested in the game both in time and via monetary means.

Again I applaud Cryptic for a sound business decision. Reap the rewards now, play hard, socialize, and enjoy the game.
Captain
# 752
10-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
Come to think of it, its a bit insane to make someone wait 2yrs + just to acquire the new ship. Especially when we do not know the fate of STO in the upcoming years (Not implying its going under any time soon), but nobody knows.

Truth is, if any new customer purchase or UPGRADES to LIFER they should get these rewards instantly.

Here is the thing for those that continue to grind their teeth and complain about new LIFER's. I know many Gold subscribers and now silver players that have put their time in or are putting their time STO - Just because they do not have a VET Number in their account, does not mean they haven't invested in the game both in time and via monetary means.

Again I applaud Cryptic for a sound business decision. Reap the rewards now, play hard, socialize, and enjoy the game.
Let me start off by saying I am not pressing to get standard gold sub'ers bumped up on getting these ships. But at that rate, why not instantly upgrade anyone who is paying for a subscription? In a period of three years, with the reduced lifetime price, they still make more money off of yearly subscribers (future value of a dollar-wise). If a person has had or agreed to "x" time period in subscriptions, why not lump them in too?
Rihannsu
# 753
10-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
Let me start off by saying I am not pressing to get standard gold sub'ers bumped up on getting these ships. But at that rate, why not instantly upgrade anyone who is paying for a subscription? In a period of three years, with the reduced lifetime price, they still make more money off of yearly subscribers (future value of a dollar-wise). If a person has had or agreed to "x" time period in subscriptions, why not lump them in too?

I've had my life time sub for awhile now. I paid a subscription for the game for a couple of months while I saved up for the lifetime subscription, then a month or two after the game first launched I bought it.
They might as well bump up the Gold subbers, the veteran rewards (A.K.A. Lifetime perks) don't mean much anyway anymore.
@EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
[
Republic Veteran
# 754
10-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Feds get an impractical transformer, KDF gets glorious space phallus.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: ||||||||| >> WARNING <<
Career Officer
There are some noteworthy things about the new shiny LTA Ship i would like to let you guys who have not yet got your hands on it to know about.

first some feedback to the visuals:

- NO Federation Pin Stripes or Starfleet Logos (at all)

- lack of running lights (only 2 on the side of the saucer, both red, no green) there should be more on such a big ship.

- oldschool 2010 style, Weapon Hardpoint Pimples are back (less ugly placed than on the old launchday Ships, but still obsolete, i'd suggest some clerasil to finally get rid of them)

- Shipname + Registry Number only on the Saucer section, no identification details on the nacelles / struts / belly or anywhere else where you would normally expect it

- No Fleet Emblem (at all)

so much for JamzJamz Shipyard.

Now to Geko's Engineering Section:

The Phaser Lotus power MISSFIRES ...a lot

let me explain the power first
first you see some sort of loading sequence where the big huge orange *phaser banks* glow, as in heating up.
then it rapid fires a few fat beams, really really fast (as you have probably seen by now).

so.

You need to have a target,
that target needs to be and stay alive
or the power will just STOP.

i had it like 10 times now that i targeted an NPC Ship that was about to explode and wanted to use the Phaser Lotus as a finishing move, only to see the NPC explode before the "loading" sequence of the power was even finished and it did not fire at any of the other NPC Ships around me after that either.
You would expect it to work like Beam Fire at Will, so that it keeps shooting all other targets after the main target is gone, or without targeting any particular NPC, but it does not work out like that.

The good thing is that the power does usually not go into cooldown after missfiring, you just need to select the next target and fire again.

So its not like a huge issue, just slightly annoying because it's not a fire and forget power, you have to pay attention that it has enough time so it can do what it's supposed to do before the enemy explodes.

The Transformation Animation sometimes can get stuck.
I had this problem before on other Ships like the MVAM-Prometheus, the Odyssey or the Bortas'qu when they use their separation powers that the animation got stuck in one mode after a cooldown ended, and the button in the Powertray only produced a cloud of fog but did neither start or end the power correctly again.
(i have no reproduction steps for this, happens rarely and randomly)

In the last 2 days i have already seen this happening ONCE with the new 1000 day veteran Ship that it got stuck in attack mode and would not go back into regenerative mode but instead just make a sound, produce a white smoke cloud and the power did not do anything else, until i had to respawn.

Just thought some players might want to be aware of that before they jump on the lifetime sale.

Quality over Quantity and all that

Last edited by zerobang; 10-12-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Captain
# 756
10-12-2012, 02:09 PM
No pin stripes?

NO PIN STRIPES?!?!

Oh, that is it.
Career Officer
# 757
10-12-2012, 02:19 PM
lol... yeah... i know it seems silly, but hey do you know how much detail work goes into a Star Trek Ship to make it look somewhat believable on screen?

look at that Video
http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/drex-tv-02/

Timeframe 9:30 - 11:50

then come back and tell me this stuff is not important
Career Officer
# 758
10-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Isn't this an "Art of Star Trek Online" post?
Starfleet Veteran
# 759
10-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
No pin stripes?

NO PIN STRIPES?!?!

Oh, that is it.

Forget that! I want RACING stripes on MY ship! And it had better be by default, too. I don't wanna have to waste all of the time to step over the customizer and select my stripes.
Rihannsu
# 760
10-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
Feds get an impractical transformer, KDF gets glorious space phallus.
Sorry to laugh but LOL.
@EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
[