Career Officer
# 761
10-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Isn't this an "Art of Star Trek Online" post?
nope... i also wrote about the powers of the ship if you read the whole thing...

the pin stripes and stuff really just is to be complete about my feedback,
still, anything that can be added fixed IF somebody is willing to do it would be appreciated.

and i placed it in general here so that people can see what is not written about the ship in the big PR Blog on the News page.
Captain
# 762
10-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
The Phaser Lotus power MISSFIRES ...a lot

let me explain the power first
first you see some sort of loading sequence where the big huge orange *phaser banks* glow, as in heating up.
then it rapid fires a few fat beams, really really fast (as you have probably seen by now).

so.

You need to have a target,
that target needs to be and stay alive
or the power will just STOP.

i had it like 10 times now that i targeted an NPC Ship that was about to explode and wanted to use the Phaser Lotus as a finishing move, only to see the NPC explode before the "loading" sequence of the power was even finished and it did not fire at any of the other NPC Ships around me after that either.
You would expect it to work like Beam Fire at Will, so that it keeps shooting all other targets after the main target is gone, or without targeting any particular NPC, but it does not work out like that.

The good thing is that the power does usually not go into cooldown after missfiring, you just need to select the next target and fire again.

So its not like a huge issue, just slightly annoying because it's not a fire and forget power, you have to pay attention that it has enough time so it can do what it's supposed to do before the enemy explodes.
So it functions like a big fat multi-shot spinal lance?

Wondrous.....
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 763
10-12-2012, 02:46 PM
maybe post this in bugs etc , might get somewhere
that or ask jamjamz on his twitter maybe ?
12th Fleet
Fleet Captain , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Career Officer
# 764
10-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
maybe post this in bugs etc , might get somewhere
that or ask jamjamz on his twitter maybe ?
just tweeted the link to JamzJamz and Geko

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
So it functions like a big fat multi-shot spinal lance?

Wondrous.....

hmmm... i'd say
spinal lance = beam overload
phaser lotus = beam fire at will

Last edited by zerobang; 10-12-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 765
10-12-2012, 03:16 PM
the KDF ship is the best kdf ship for a tac.
Awesome ship.
I haven't used the fed one because I dont' play fed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 766
10-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Awesome ship.

That seems like a pretty good reason.
Starfleet Veteran
# 767
10-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Awesome ship.
As a Raptor captain this ship is a god sent. I know a lot hate it but i think its great since i can finaly remove that tier 1 tact slot that was worthless in my Raptor. That and adding the battle cloak and i'm happy no matter what others say.
Career Officer
# 768 i dont see it that way
10-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaturnley View Post
I'm not pissed that they did it, it makes complete sense. And it's great for the people buying today, and for the game. But it's completely disrespectful to the people who invested at launch. They at least owe us an apology.

I had 2 LTS that were around the 750 mark when the deal came. I really dont have strong feelings either way on this subject but i lean towards the waiting is silly side of the argument. When LTS came out the point of getting it was saving money in the long run; there were no rewards programs or F2P thoughts in mind when i got them anyways. Anyway, i bought a 3rd LTS during this sale and pop all the titles and rewards showed up shortly after i got through the tutorial. Interestingly, i cant even buy myself zen on the new account until i hit level 10. So you cant use many of the rewards or purchase other ones. No escape from grinding... lol
Starfleet Veteran
# 769 929 and counting
10-12-2012, 10:11 PM
What kind of idiot would make a bullcrap move such as this? Buy a lifetime membership and get the 1000 day veterans awards. And....if you only got a few days left until your 1000 days..to bad..because if you don't buy a lifetime sub..your really out of luck.
Been a member for 929 days...get online yesterday and hear the scuttlebut about the veterans awards and the lifetime sub purchase..but nothing about all the people who have paid 14.99, 29.99 or whatever .99..whatever they paid since they joined..doesn't that count for anything? Lets see..929 divided by 30..comes to at least 30 months..30 months x 14.99 = $449.70...What is the cost of the Lifetime subscription? $200..come on fellas..wake up and read the diplomas you got on the wall...you have tons of people who have payed for this lifetime subscription 2 times over..but your not going to let them have their rewards...even when they hit the 1000 day mark..without the lifetime sub? I think this is a really stupid move and your likely to lose a lot of players for it..a lot of paying members that have supported you monthly, quarterly, yearly..however they were doing it..they were doing it..now your just crapping on the ones who paid STO religiously. Shame on you..Shame on you.

Unclereeky
106th Fleet
Career Officer
# 770
10-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclereeky View Post
What kind of idiot would make a bullcrap move such as this? Buy a lifetime membership and get the 1000 day veterans awards. And....if you only got a few days left until your 1000 days..to bad..because if you don't buy a lifetime sub..your really out of luck.
Been a member for 929 days...get online yesterday and hear the scuttlebut about the veterans awards and the lifetime sub purchase..but nothing about all the people who have paid 14.99, 29.99 or whatever .99..whatever they paid since they joined..doesn't that count for anything? Lets see..929 divided by 30..comes to at least 30 months..30 months x 14.99 = $449.70...What is the cost of the Lifetime subscription? $200..come on fellas..wake up and read the diplomas you got on the wall...you have tons of people who have payed for this lifetime subscription 2 times over..but your not going to let them have their rewards...even when they hit the 1000 day mark..without the lifetime sub? I think this is a really stupid move and your likely to lose a lot of players for it..a lot of paying members that have supported you monthly, quarterly, yearly..however they were doing it..they were doing it..now your just crapping on the ones who paid STO religiously. Shame on you..Shame on you.

Unclereeky
106th Fleet
That is incorrect. Lifers get the rewards instantly. Subbers must wait until 1000 days but still receive them.