Survivor of Romulus
# 781
10-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
The following video explains it well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTL7SO-BoMU
Thanks for the video. That explains it perfectly!

And the Death Blossom from Last Starfighter. Awesomess x10!
Survivor of Romulus
# 782
10-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsilverwings1 View Post
I finally bothered to test it so I can criticise it fairly.

Chimera class/

Questions:
Why on earth do the nacelles move down in tactical mode? To what end? It hardly changes anything yet the design effort necessary for this cannot conceivably worth it. What if it breaks down? We could fire at our own nacelles? Then just program the beams not to fire at them.

The whole process over the saucer section....wouldn't it just have been simpler to have the beams 'strut's or however you want to call them extend out of the ship rather than the over complicated transformation of the saucer section?
No other ship pretends to be this complicated the closest would be a simple saucer separation, voyager's leg struts/nacelles (which was at least a temporay technology 'experiment' to reduce the effects of sub space damage or DS9's simply open shutters and extend weapon ports. None of these change the ship/base infastructure to suit a new purpose.

The deflector dish....oh boy.
a/ By blocking it up how is a starship meant to use it? It's an essential part of flying a starship and you go and block it up?

Even if you explain away the first question...

b/ How are we meant to use our deflector dish abilities? Do we fire our gravity well through solid hull plating?

c/ If this could ever be a valid option then why don't all starships have this armoured deflector? Surely it would be a good thing right
?

Ahhhh, a true Trekkie.
Captain
# 783
10-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post
When a S. Korean F2P runs the show, you bet your credit card it is!

So subscribers and LTS'ers from Beta/Headstart are elitists now? My goodness this BS excuse has been going around so much more now sinse that money grab began 3 days ago.

And to be honest if you want to start to throw down the elitist title, wouldn't that make the new LTS'ers who buy that option for all the former vet rewards make that group the "Oh look at me, I spent hundreds to get all the stuff you waited for 3 years nearly for! Sucks to be you, so shut up now child!"

This is the kind of crap I see in chat now. I mean...who knows, at this point I might actually find out if STO has a /ignore cap or not...
That's why i made up the idea of earning that ship by ingame means. I think a certain accolade score would be a much better measure of a "loyal" player than spending 200 bucks.
Only of course if Cryptic would be really interested in rewarding loyal players, but i think they just want to get some fast $$. (which they didn't hide very clever IMO)

Thank you for reading or ignoring, depending on who you are.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Captain
# 784
10-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Yep - if they've paid more than $200 in subscriptions they should be upgraded to LTS for free.

And even if Cryptic/PWE are too cheap to do that, at the very least 1000-day subscription veterans should get upgraded to LTS for free.
Heck, that was by the 21st month that I played. Plus, the Atari Digital Download Deluxe, plus the Target disk copy.
Captain
# 785
10-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
That's why i made up the idea of earning that ship by ingame means. I think a certain accolade score would be a much better measure of a "loyal" player than spending 200 bucks.
Only of course if Cryptic would be really interested in rewarding loyal players, but i think they just want to get some fast $$. (which they didn't hide very clever IMO)

Thank you for reading or ignoring, depending on who you are.
I agree, if a person Beta tested the game, they should get it.