Career Officer
# 11
08-24-2012, 02:53 PM
IMHO, the best solution is to sell a second spec slot for around the price of a character. Up to 4 extra specs.

And a single "Omni-spec" slot that gives you a skill tree with all class abilities on it (no more points to spend) for around $12 a piece.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
08-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I think subscribers should get a free respec token every month. Why not? They are paying into the game, and sweetening the subscription bonuses a little bit might encourage more people to subscribe!

Free to Players should be send down a creek with no respec tokens, oh and no paddle either.
By careful, your elitism is showing. Certainly, subscribers always want more perks for their $15, on top of the stipend. Personally, I don't look gift horses in the mouth since I'm floating on a LT sub, just as long as I get my stipend and other "gold" benefits. If PWE wants to give subs more, I won't complain, but I'm not holding my breath either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
It's funny you should say that because I have spent 3 or 4 tokens since the PSW nerf and I haven't been reimbursed at all.

I'm happy with my current build... until they nerf Sci again. How long do you think I have? A month? Two maybe?
The former, if I'm fortunate. But by all means, vote with your dollar, that's the nature of the subscription beast. It's a better yardstick for Accounting than forum posts.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Lieutenant
# 13
08-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Skill Set slots are a much better accompanyment for respec tokens, silver players get 2 slots free while gold members and lifers get one free slot every 10 ranks. Max of 10 slots can be available for all players, silvers have to buy 9 to max and subscribers and gold members only pay for 5 additional per character.

Perhaps as an extra sepecial bonus for the paying subscribers, they can have a few skill slots that can be used across multiple toons? Account bound build skill slots rather than character bound build skill slots.

Respec tokens can be used still to erase any of the build slots that aren't used anymore.

All in all, I think this would encourage players to experiment more with their builds so they can tune them for different scenarios, PVP, PVE. To discourage exploitation they could have it so that there is a 2 hour cooldown between switching builds.

All in all a fantastic idea in my opinion.