Starfleet Veteran
# 51
08-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkietravis View Post
The current process to GIVE CRYPTIC MONEY is insanely complicated. Yes, it can be done, but in it's current form it is extremely unfriendly for the user. It really needs to be streamlined and the ability to buy points brought back in game.

You want to make it EASIER for people to give you their money...not HARDER...
How is the process to buy zen complicated.

Charge zen>select payment option>confirm>transfer zen

What is complicated by that!
Ensign
# 52
08-25-2012, 08:30 PM
I've actually lost the will to get upset about things like this anymore. At the end of the day after a lot of hassle at work STO is my refuge. I was a F2P player for about 6 months and jumped on the bandwagon for the three month deal earlier this week. I regularly by Zen in $20 or $30 spree's every few months or so when I'm mostly paid up. I like using Steam because I don't have to jump through a lot of hoops to manage "micro" payments or re-download games or add-ons. If I somehow get this bonus Zrn, great, if not, meh. So there ya go, I'm a lazy and apathetic North American man-sloth. PWE's perfect demographic.
Community Moderator
# 53
08-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzsth View Post
How is the process to buy zen complicated.

Charge zen>select payment option>confirm>transfer zen

And the fact it's got 50 different ways to do it makes it less complicated, not more; just pick the one that is easy/fast for you and always use it. Some other guy may not be able to use your way quickly (the differences in PayPal between whether you have a credit card on file or not, for instance), so the other ways help him.

Most of my Zen purchases lately have been physical cards in 7-11; if I have $10 cash left over when I go to buy a lottery ticket, I buy Zen. When I want a lot of it, I use PayPal, but I've experimented with several others. The ones for billing to your mobile phone are interesting, although they can probably be frustrating due to every carrier having different limits.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Career Officer
# 54
08-25-2012, 10:42 PM
just bought $20.00 (2000Z) through steam didn't get the 300 as it said I would the only one with the ** is the $50.00 one.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Starfleet Veteran
# 55
08-26-2012, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
And the fact it's got 50 different ways to do it makes it less complicated, not more; just pick the one that is easy/fast for you and always use it. Some other guy may not be able to use your way quickly (the differences in PayPal between whether you have a credit card on file or not, for instance), so the other ways help him.
But then it is people making it complicated, not PWE. If I went to a Starbucks and asked for a plain americano, but with a low roast bean, low fat milk, in a tall cup, with only two sugars, but then my creditcards are rejected or I can't decide how to pay, Is it Starbucks fault or mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Most of my Zen purchases lately have been physical cards in 7-11; if I have $10 cash left over when I go to buy a lottery ticket, I buy Zen. When I want a lot of it, I use PayPal, but I've experimented with several others. The ones for billing to your mobile phone are interesting, although they can probably be frustrating due to every carrier having different limits.
I just stick to the same old system, paingy through PayPal, it is so quick and easy I have even done it while in CSE and we got the optional.
--------

Oh and to all the haters, you moan like hell when they don't offer payment bonus and you moan like hell when they do. You guys make me laugh, no wonder developers are accused of not listening to the community I once heard a game developer say "if you are not feeling depressed enough, go look on the forums".
Career Officer
# 56
08-26-2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
?
The fact that there are people complaining about the PWE system as compared to what we used to have is a valid concern that should be listened to without a sarcastic reply.

The fact is we were able to press a button in-game and purchase cpoints in-game with a few clicks, which is a lot less complicated than what we have now.

Quote:
And the fact it's got 50 different ways to do it makes it less complicated
It's got 12 ways, though it states 13, but none of these work for me. The direct credit card (Visa/MC) is a lie, as it is not DIRECT it goes through Skrill - so why list that option and Skrill? That leaves me with GoogleCheckout which I have used for other web-purchases, except that one does not receive the 300 bonus zen, so then you feel gypped.

Under Cryptic's payment method it was not complicated and so easy to purchase c-points. Since the switch I haven't been able to purchase Zen using anything I'm comfortable with. And so I don't. I'm just glad that I purchased a bunch of Cpoints (and lifetime) prior to switching my account over.

Since switching to PWE:
1) lost my account name
2) the program keeps reverting to the Cryptic account name whenever I switch avatars
3) can't purchase "zen" the way I used to (or get gypped by another method)
4) can't easily delete the hundreds of exchange mails generated per week

No one should have to bend over backwards just to purchase zen
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
Starfleet Veteran
# 57
08-26-2012, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjexcimer500 View Post
?
The fact that there are people complaining about the PWE system as compared to what we used to have is a valid concern that should be listened to without a sarcastic reply.
Because everyone who complains in the forums, is 100% biased and justified in what they complain about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjexcimer500 View Post
The fact is we were able to press a button in-game and purchase cpoints in-game with a few clicks, which is a lot less complicated than what we have now.
I still maintain
Buy zen>charge zen>select amount>select payment>confirm>transfer zen
Is still a quick and easy uncomplicated system. If this confuses anyone. Maybe they could swap the big words for little ones and add a few big bright colourful pictures.
Empire Veteran
# 58
08-26-2012, 05:29 AM
Hmmm i seem to be one 'o the few that is actually quite happy with this offer?
Career Officer
# 59
08-26-2012, 05:58 AM
[deleted response]
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004

Last edited by tjexcimer500; 08-26-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 60
08-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzsth View Post
Because everyone who complains in the forums, is 100% biased and justified in what they complain about.

I still maintain
Buy zen>charge zen>select amount>select payment>confirm>transfer zen
Is still a quick and easy uncomplicated system. If this confuses anyone. Maybe they could swap the big words for little ones and add a few big bright colourful pictures.
Or they could show us what options are available instead of demanding payment methods before we walk into the store...
Closed Thread