Captain
... there's something that gets borked.

THis time it was ground weapon fire rates. Prior to the update you held down your mouse button and your weapon would fire on its own obeying its cooldown (1 second per burst for my chosen rifle) now, nope.

Gotta click every time you want to fire.

Doesn't sound bad but when the **** hits the fan in ground combat that added clicking after quite a while of not having to can be a royal PITA.
Captain
# 2
08-24-2012, 05:37 PM
What amazes me is that not only do they break something nearly every time. But, when they do break something it's always something glaringly obvious. Remember when they released the Armitage and it couldn't be used in STFs? Remember, around that time, when they broke auto-fire in space?

These are not random niche things they couldn't have caught during internal testing or on tribble because there weren't enough users to see it.

I love STO, but Cryptic not so much anymore.
Captain
# 3
08-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Testing? HA...

They don't even play this game. They dump the code in a compiler, collect a paycheck from PWE and phone it in. They lack any QA or any respect for the game at all, IMO.

Tales abound of years old bugs that won't be fixed because they just don't bother. Took them months to fix the white FPS killing clouds, and then they only did it in HALF the instances that have the white FPS killing clouds.

I sent a rare holographic doff to myself, and it never showed up. Doff disappeared, but never got it. Sent it to my account name. Lost forever. Submitted a ticket gave them the full story, time and date, asked them to check the logs, etc....

And they closed out the ticket saying "We can't replace any lost items, they wil auto return if anything goes wrong. Otherwise, we can't help. Please try submitting a bug report"....

Yeah... right...
Captain
# 4
08-24-2012, 05:56 PM
The thing that ticks me off most about this is that it will take a week (At least) for anything to be done about this.

Since they buffed the **** out of melee I guess I'll be fighting with swords.
Ensign
# 5
08-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Funnily enough, I was looking forward to revisiting some old missions tonight, but as soon as I realised I had to destroy the tendons in my hand by clicking six thousand times to fire at stuff, I decided to stop playing for the night.

Hopefully they'll get this fixed soon.
Commander
# 6
08-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Huh, that's strange. My auto-fire still works just fine for ground combat.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Captain
# 7
08-24-2012, 07:47 PM
I just finished an Infected ground run. Apparently I'm having a run of bad luck on IGE this week. Everything was running fine, the glitch didn't come up at all. Then about halfway through I started getting 3/4- 1 1/2 seconds lag periodically and I'm abusing the left mouse button.
At first I was willing to believe it was just lag. Then this post started and I wasn't sure.
It's a PITA either way.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusashorn View Post
Huh, that's strange. My auto-fire still works just fine for ground combat.
If you use RPG-mode for ground combat you likely will not notice it. The problem lays in Shooter-mode's autofire mechanism.

This has already been posted on elsewhere and has had a dev response, so they are aware of it at least.

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"

Last edited by nikkyvix; 08-24-2012 at 09:35 PM.