Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,500
# 11
08-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah, Iso. First time I saw it was I think my first post-Season 6 CSE. I saw the player to my left die instantly... then the Kang (which was to my right, at 33% hull) died instantly... Then I died instantly...
I am the STO Lorax. I picked myself up and left, until the day the fun is replanted.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
# 12
08-26-2012, 06:21 AM
I hate that electronic Shoot, no chance against it! Full Shields and Hull, and in an Escortship you are after one hit as good as death, the folowing shoot will kill me every time.And my escort has ~42.000 Hull and ~9000 Shield. I will not play this map again, the heavy Plasmas i can shoot down, but aginst this weapon, there is no way to avoid the damage.

In no other game an Level 50 Charakter dies with one shoot. This Game goes in the worng way, an Ship should take Damages on the Subsystems, so that reapirs must be done, as example an Player could not fire a Torpedo for a few seconds until it is repaired, Impulsengines are damaged and only give 50% Power, or other Weapons fail. That is for me Spacecombat and not Killing Players with one shoot. Then i can, for the first time, skill the reapairs of my Subsystems. This damages could stay longer so that the Player must improvise.

Last edited by teruker; 08-26-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 231
# 13
08-26-2012, 06:48 AM
The only ability I use to survive the ISO charge is reverse shield polarity III. As soon as I see that bouncing off a team make. I hit my 5th mouse button as I have the slot bound to that. It is my oh **** am about to die button. I am not worried or asking for it to be nerfed, but being able to target and shoot it would be nice.

Also when that neg spawns even if you are not helping to take it down. Keep an eye on it and never take it off until it goes pop. Failing to be aware of your surrounding, is the down fall of most careless captains.

Last edited by blitzsth; 08-26-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,287
# 14
08-26-2012, 07:02 AM
As it is right now in PVE it's a bit over powered. Thank god they don't use assimilated Bioneural warheads.


As an escort (MVAE) what is the best way to defend against the assimilated Negh'vars and raptors?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 211
# 15
08-26-2012, 07:41 AM
It's not only the charge, the normal plasma torpedos kill you also pretty much instantly.

I mean, it is elite, I get that, but getting oneshooted nearly every time you draw aggro is kind of stupid.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 387
# 16
08-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzsth View Post
The only ability I use to survive the ISO charge is reverse shield polarity III. As soon as I see that bouncing off a team make. I hit my 5th mouse button as I have the slot bound to that. It is my oh **** am about to die button. I am not worried or asking for it to be nerfed, but being able to target and shoot it would be nice.

Also when that neg spawns even if you are not helping to take it down. Keep an eye on it and never take it off until it goes pop. Failing to be aware of your surrounding, is the down fall of most careless captains.
+1
cept i use rsp1- the 3 rsp's are all identical
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,731
# 17
08-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Iso charge from neghvars. Bloody horrible. I've seen it take down the kang in one shot and do 1 million + non crits more than once not so long ago. There's even been a few times where a lot of carriers and pets have been flying around, the negh has his iso to deal with them but the iso charge has kept chaining from ship to ship all the way from the cube to the kang.

And yes the kang went boom in 1 shot from 100% to nothing.

This has been around since season 6 went live. Very bad cryptic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 29
# 18
08-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teruker View Post
I hate that electronic Shoot, no chance against it! Full Shields and Hull, and in an Escortship you are after one hit as good as death, the folowing shoot will kill me every time.And my escort has ~42.000 Hull and ~9000 Shield. I will not play this map again, the heavy Plasmas i can shoot down, but aginst this weapon, there is no way to avoid the damage.
Clearly you haven't specced right, won't use Brace for Impact/Hazard Emitters, and don't have the shield enhancement consoles.

In an Escort, using those 3, I can survive long enough to reverse polarity and start healing. I also combine that with an early level defense device (can't remember the name) and I live fairly well. I still die on the times where I'm caught off guard, but that's my fault, not the game's.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 387
# 19
08-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziploc332 View Post
Clearly you haven't specced right, won't use Brace for Impact/Hazard Emitters, and don't have the shield enhancement consoles.

In an Escort, using those 3, I can survive long enough to reverse polarity and start healing. I also combine that with an early level defense device (can't remember the name) and I live fairly well. I still die on the times where I'm caught off guard, but that's my fault, not the game's.
dont forget the invisa torps...
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 29
# 20
08-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dood98998 View Post
dont forget the invisa torps...
Yes...the invisa torps...

I didn't say it was fair, I just said it's not a binary one shot of doom.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:26 AM.