Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 81
09-05-2012, 11:46 AM
You got a string of crits on missions that cap out with a crit rate of ~25%, mostly with cooldowns of over a day. Does not prove that 20k/day avg in 15 minutes of play is sustainable.

In fact it proves the contrary which is that only with luck and careful mission selection (requiring travel time) can 20k CXP/day be achieved.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Your random screenshots prove nothing except the invalidity of your claims.
Uh, yeah, I read your post and.... no. I don't see your point at all.
The quote you linked proves otherwise.
That quote from you isn't proof of anything. It's you making a claim
In responding to my "point" you prove you had identified it and were therefore being pointlessly insulting.

In the same strain of antagonism, you are insulting my reasoned post as "quibbling" and conflating the above back-and-forth with the overall argument in question (CXP yield).

It seems to me you are intentionally responding out of context with unnecessarily insulting language with no purpose other than to be antagonistic...after I debunked the arguments made by someone who seems to have no end other than to champion PWE.

But of course I will allow you to apologize and cool it down, if you so prefer. Do you?

I am curious why Bluegeek has not responded after complaining about antagonism (when a similar thread was "lost" by a PWE champion) and reading over this very forum today.

Will you permit this poster to insult and antagonize others?

Last edited by aestu; 09-05-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,023
# 82
09-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
You got a string of crits on missions that cap out with a crit rate of ~25%, mostly with cooldowns of over a day. Does not prove that 20k/day avg in 15 minutes of play is sustainable.

In fact it proves the contrary which is that only with luck and careful mission selection (requiring travel time) can 20k CXP/day be achieved.
Really? I got 13k out of only 8 assignments out of 20. If we assume an average crit chance of 25%, you can reasonably expect to get 5 crits out of each set of missions you queue. But, for many missions that's very low. Some missions can easily get more than 25% crit chance. And you don't need to queue that specific set of misisons. You can do a different sector each day and thus avoid a large part of the cooldown issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
In responding to my "point" you prove you had identified it and were therefore being pointlessly insulting.
How does that work? I understood what you were trying to say, but I feel that you are incorrect.
Quote:
In the same strain of antagonism, you are insulting my reasoned post as "quibbling" and conflating the above back-and-forth with the overall argument in question (CXP yield).

It seems to me you are intentionally responding out of context with unnecessarily insulting language with no purpose other than to be antagonistic...after I debunked the arguments made by someone who seems to have no end other than to champion PWE.

But of course I will allow you to apologize and cool it down, if you so prefer. Do you?

I am curious why Bluegeek has not responded after complaining about antagonism (when a similar thread was "lost" by a PWE champion) and reading over this very forum today.

Will you permit this poster to insult and antagonize others?
Perhaps the mods feel that I am in fact NOT being insulting and that you are overreacting to people challenging your claims?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 83
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM
I never said I was doing that, I offered a couple of screenshots to show that it was easily doable, but I slot as many exploration mission as I could without sacrificing my current interests (recruitments). I never told I would sacrifice two days of recruitment for you.

Maybe it was 7, maybe it was 9, I didn't pay attention to every details, but the fact is that it took me less than 5 minutes to slot these assignments with a 26% crit chance.

With 4.5k cxp on crit, actually, exploration missions will provide enough cxp with crits. The 15 other missions (1k cxp each) are a nice bonus.

I still don't get why you can't stop bickering on minor details every time. I think every normal person reading this thread will understand that:

- the starbase system is flawed and is self-feeding if you play smart
- the fleetmarks aren't a problem in any way if you choose the right assignments without spending much time on game.

The time I'm actually spending on the game was never debatable. You proved you didn't read what i was saying. You're arguing on ridiculous details because you won't admit that I was right from the start. Now I'm off, all these ridiculous attempts of trolling to prevent the devs from getting reliable information here is mere spam and flood, so I won't feed the flooders anymore.

Quote:
In conclusion:
1. Your claims are invalid because you play way, way more than the 15m/day you claim
2. Your claims are invalid because you are apparently unable to find and/or choose good high-yield assignments
3. Your claims are invalid because your overall nominal yield is far below the 20k CXP/day you claim you claim to achieve
1 - I enjoy my vacations
2 - I'm currently slaving on the foundry so I neglect doffs and I put crap in my rosters and assign random crap I find when I make a break. On a good day you see this : http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.ph...2090500001.jpg
3 - I never said I was using my doffs as a cxp generator. I don't care about fleetmarks and the starbase stuff. I just said it was possible but I have NO interest in doing it.

FYI i'm using my roster as a recruitment tool:
- missions rewarding doffs, including white ones you can send in exchanges
- colonial chains repetables for purples I can grind
- I usually slot useless assignments I find before cancelling them when I find better ones. This is a pretty efficient way to maximize my doffing time, ites weird you never got this.

I think I should write a blog to tell you more about my life, if you're so interested into it.

Last edited by diogene0; 09-05-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,023
# 84
09-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Maybe it was 7, maybe it was 9, I didn't pay attention to every details, but the fact is that it took me less than 5 minutes to slot these assignments with a 26% crit chance.
I counted 9. But they're mixed in with the other stuff thoroughly and you have to look at all 3 screen caps.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 147
# 85
09-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Maybe it was 7, maybe it was 9, I didn't pay attention to every details, but the fact is that it took me less than 5 minutes to slot these assignments with a 26% crit chance.
The problem here is that you didn't bother to spend a couple seconds to count the number of missions you had.

This lack of attention to detail raises questions about the rest of your claims.

After all, if you didn't pay attention to having seven or nine missions, then I wonder how much attention you paid to how long it took to gather those missions.

There's also the problem with how long it takes to gather enough DOFFs to do these missions all with a 26% critical success chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
The time I'm actually spending on the game was never debatable. You proved you didn't read what i was saying. You're arguing on ridiculous details because you won't admit that I was right from the start. Now I'm off, all these ridiculous attempts of trolling to prevent the devs from getting reliable information here is mere spam and flood, so I won't feed the flooders anymore.
The screenshots you provided show that you are spending a fair amount of time playing the game. This goes against your claim that you can do these missions without spending very much time.

Sure, you can accept the missions very quickly, but it requires a fairly decent amount of time preparing to be able to complete all of these missions with such a constant high critical success chance.

There's also the cooldown between missions which means you will spend more time as you have to go to different sectors in order to find missions to pick up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 147
# 86
09-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I counted 9. But they're mixed in with the other stuff thoroughly and you have to look at all 3 screen caps.
I counted seven. He has the same missions spread across multiple screenshots.

His first screenshot shows five missions.

His second screenshot also shows five missions, three of which were on the previous screenshot.

His third screenshot shows four missions, all of which were shown in the previous screenshot.

Looking at the names of the missions across all of the screenshots shows a grand total of seven Exploration missions.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 411
# 87
09-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rankin0bass View Post
There's also the problem with how long it takes to gather enough DOFFs to do these missions all with a 26% critical success chance.
So far, this is the only legitimate problem that's been raised. Trying to nitpick "ohhhh you didn't actually have 9 missions running, only 7! (even though obviously more than 7 assignments exist)" or "you spent 45 minutes picking up assignments instead of the 15 (even though the assignments in question could have been picked up in 15 minutes)" is idiotic, and people should know better.

Gathering the doffs required to run a large number of concurrent artifact assignments is a significant investment, as last I checked a positive-traited purple research lab sci doff is ~3m+ ec (the other 2 slots are cheaper to fill, and the support doffs from zenas and hromi work for them).

Last edited by thepantsparty; 09-05-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 951
# 88
09-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I made a small mistake. Actually, with purple doffs only, the CXP on crit on the artifact missions is 4.5k for an uncommon one. I leave the rest to your fertile imaginations. 20k CXP a day was a very low and conservative guess.
I just critted one of the uncommons with all purples and 1 crit trait each and got around 1.5k exploration xp. Also, it's weird: a few days ago the highest crit percentage was 22% for the uncommons, which you mentioned and I confirmed by looking at one of my projects in progress. Now it's at 26%, which I can also confirm as that is what I'm getting as well. Very odd. And maybe I was wrong...there could be 15 or more total Artifact missions, but I have never seen that many pop at once nor would it be a sustainable day-by-day possibility since they would be on cool-down the next day. I run a few of these missions every day and there are many sectors that I fly through that have none available (in sector or dep. head) because they're either just not popping or on cooldown due to me continuously doing them.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 411
# 89
09-05-2012, 06:10 PM
There are a total of 42 possible artifact assignments - each sector (not sector block) has one named after it. I just took a look around the galaxy to see how many of the 20h exploration assignments I could find.

Keep in mind this as Fed - I see far fewer artifact assignments as KDF, and I don't know why that is.

ZA: 3
AT: 3
BU: 1
OB: 0
EE: 3
OL: 0
PC: 1
PV: 3
Sir: 2
Reg: 3
AC: 0
IP: 3
GO: 1
Pel: 1

For a total of 24 available artifact assignments, and that's with 5 on CD because I did them yesterday.

Those results aren't conclusive, but running 10 artifact assignments each day (enough, on average, to do an exploration report every day) should certainly be sustainable assuming you have enough research lab scientists. 15 would be possible on some days, but might not be always attainable depending on luck.

edit: the amount of cxp you get from the assignment varies with how many data samples/particle traces you get - the fewer of those, the more cxp. On one crit on a green assignment I got 4 particle traces and 2145 cxp, another crit on a green assignment I got 3 particle traces and 2478 cxp. On one success on a blue assignment I got 20 data samples and 1134 cxp, another success on a blue assignment I got 0 data samples and 1396 cxp.

Last edited by thepantsparty; 09-05-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,023
# 90
09-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
There are a total of 42 possible artifact assignments - each sector (not sector block) has one named after it. I just took a look around the galaxy to see how many of the 20h exploration assignments I could find.

Keep in mind this as Fed - I see far fewer artifact assignments as KDF, and I don't know why that is.

ZA: 3
AT: 3
BU: 1
OB: 0
EE: 3
OL: 0
PC: 1
PV: 3
Sir: 2
Reg: 3
AC: 0
IP: 3
GO: 1
Pel: 1

For a total of 24 available artifact assignments, and that's with 5 on CD because I did them yesterday.

Those results aren't conclusive, but running 10 artifact assignments each day (enough, on average, to do an exploration report every day) should certainly be sustainable assuming you have enough research lab scientists. 15 would be possible on some days, but might not be always attainable depending on luck.

edit: the amount of cxp you get from the assignment varies with how many data samples/particle traces you get - the fewer of those, the more cxp. On one crit on a green assignment I got 4 particle traces and 2145 cxp, another crit on a green assignment I got 3 particle traces and 2478 cxp. On one success on a blue assignment I got 20 data samples and 1134 cxp, another success on a blue assignment I got 0 data samples and 1396 cxp.
Also, it's sustainable even without purples. but purples do give better results. Oh and if you get lucky you can get Strange alien artifacts!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 PM.