Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 269
These shield mods are way off from what they've been reported to be. It appears as though the Fleet Defiant never got a 10% Fleet bonus over the Defiant-R.

Also, the Fleet Saber with a .77 mod is coming in with a higher overall Shield capacity than the Fleet Defiant at .9 mod. It appears to me that the Fleet Defiant never got a shield buff at all. With the same gear equipped I have the same shield capacity on my Fleet Defiant as I did on my Defiant-R. It looks like it was a copy and paste job done (however the hull was done correctly at least). The Fleet Saber comes in with better overall shield capacity than either which should be the other way around.

Fleet Defiant http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...6-22-50-26.jpg

Defiant R http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...09-06-18-1.jpg

Fleet Saber http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...08-57-56-1.jpg



ticket ID #1,390,660.

PS Ive seen some inconsistencies on several other Fleet ship shield mods you might also want to look into.

Last edited by rooster75; 08-26-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,747
# 2
08-26-2012, 11:04 PM
from my investigation of my fleet ktinga's and fleet vorcha's shield mod, and your findings, i have come to the conclusions that the ships you always could use at end game that have a fleet version have the correct shield mod. as in, the advertised shield mod is the one they have. the ships that you can use at end game for the first time as fleet ships are the ships that have the incorrect shield mod listed in the store. for example, my ktinga's shield mod is 1.07 instead of .94, wile my fleet vorcha is at 1.1 as advertised.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 269
# 3
08-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
from my investigation of my fleet ktinga's and fleet vorcha's shield mod, and your findings, i have come to the conclusions that the ships you always could use at end game that have a fleet version have the correct shield mod. as in, the advertised shield mod is the one they have. the ships that you can use at end game for the first time as fleet ships are the ships that have the incorrect shield mod listed in the store. for example, my ktinga's shield mod is 1.07 instead of .94, wile my fleet vorcha is at 1.1 as advertised.
I see what you're saying but that still doesn't answer the question of why the Fleet Defiant never got a 10% bonus to shields over the regular Defiant-R. It was my understanding that that Fleet Ships were supposed to be getting 10% bonus to shields and hull. Whilst the fleet Defiant did get the 10% hull buff it was supposed to get it also never got a 10% shield buff with it. It's shield capacity is the same as its Defiant-R little brother. In all honesty, a 10% shield buff wasn't going to break this ship imho.

I think the big issue for me is you don't really know what you're buying.

Last edited by rooster75; 08-26-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,747
# 4
08-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75 View Post
I see what you're saying but that still doesn't answer the question of why the Fleet Defiant never got a 10% bonus to shields over the regular Defiant-R. It was my understanding that that Fleet Ships were supposed to be getting 10% bonus to shields and hull. Whilst the fleet Defiant did get the 10% hull buff it was supposed to get it also never got a 10% shield buff with it. It's shield capacity is the same as its Defiant-R little brother.
when i first saw its un-uped stats i thought of that as an example of restraint to making the fleet defiant too good. if you take into account the destructive potential of a 5th tactical console, in addition to a decloaking strike, thats literally the most damaging combination possible in game. not increasing a single additional stat for the fleet version makes that more balanced. and keeps bugs most desirable. they had no qualms 10%ing the fleet MVAM though, so who knows. i hate all this 5 tac console nonsense.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 269
# 5
08-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
when i first saw its un-uped stats i thought of that as an example of restraint to making the fleet defiant too good. if you take into account the destructive potential of a 5th tactical console, in addition to a decloaking strike, thats literally the most damaging combination possible in game. not increasing a single additional stat for the fleet version makes that more balanced. and keeps bugs most desirable. they had no qualms 10%ing the fleet MVAM though, so who knows. i hate all this 5 tac console nonsense.
I get your logic, however, I think there's been enough discrepancies in the way these shield mods have been reported that it probably warrants some looking into. There are, after all, many ships being sold with incorrect values stamped on them. I can't take for granted that Cryptic actually thought about balance in their decision and it's not just a copy and paste job done by a designer (which it very well could be). When Cryptic makes a dev blog stating that ships will be getting a 10% hull and shield buff for their fleet versions I just expect to see some kind of consistency with what they say and less mistakes like what we've already seen. You just can't be certain that what you're going to buy iswhat you'll actually be getting.

Last edited by rooster75; 08-27-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,747
# 6
08-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75 View Post
I get your logic, however, I think there's been enough discrepancies in the way these shield mods have been reported that it probably warrants some looking into. There are, after all, many ships being sold with incorrect values stamped on them. I can't take for granted that Cryptic actually thought about balance in their decision and it's not just a copy and paste job done by a designer (which it very well could be).
at least those ships are better then advertised, i would hate to see my ktinga shields nerfed or those poor sabers and somras nerfed down to .77 or .65 or what ever. at least the store info on the fleet defiant's stats are in line with the fleet defiant itself.

im against the fleet ships being 10% better at all. they should have had 1 extra dump console i guess, and different station configurations. they would simply be more exotic versions of what you already had a tier 5, and some ships that for the first time you could use at tier 5. god i HATE this power creep crap.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 7
08-27-2012, 01:47 AM
removed 10char

Last edited by tebsu; 08-27-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 518
# 8
08-27-2012, 02:06 AM
Slightly off topic, but how are you already flying a Fleet Defiant? I thought that would require a tier 5 starbase and that it would take a couple of months before anybody would have one.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 9
08-27-2012, 02:08 AM
no, it requires level 3 fleetyard
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 518
# 10
08-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
no, it requires level 3 fleetyard
Cool. I may have to check it out.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 AM.