Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
# 11
08-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Oh i forgot to add this to the test:
Tholian Web (Always with more than 220 particle generators): ~10.500 damage when collapsing, ~900 damage when colliding with web.
Not bad, but unfortunately:
- it only made sense when you had other working abilities using prtg (example: psw3).
- even npcs in no win scenario are able to break nodes and escape before web collapse
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
# 12
08-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
here's a happy number! on my fleet ktinga with 3 blue mkxi particle gens and 84 points from skills, i deal just under 600 dot with EWP3. tac buffed and at 100% health its deals more then 1200, it would be more if i respec and put 9 points in particles. not only is it a great snare, its a GREAT damage contributor.

im tempted to buy up a bunch of cheap plasma weapons buffed by plasma energy consoles that will further buff the dot and go for maximum plasma ownage. except plasma cant own with -20% damage penalty built in

but, this just goes to show how effortlessly a tac captain in every situation puts eng and sci captains out of a job.
How sad that a sci skill is only useful when boosting... an eng ability, and that a science ship sucks less only when the captain is a tac.
It breaks my immersion.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,720
# 13
08-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by francescos772 View Post
It breaks my immersion.
the key to getting this all addressed is to tell the devs how much it negatively effects your ability to enjoy pve! there will be an emergency patch that night addressing every concern!
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 97
# 14
08-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the key to getting this all addressed is to tell the devs how much it negatively effects your ability to enjoy pve! there will be an emergency patch that night addressing every concern!
This was probably the sort of thread that'd be seen as a constructive compilation of feedback, until you had to jump in and start trolling at the devs. We as players can't really expect them to give us their full attention if we keep this up, can we?

To the original subject, I had a question -- you said 0 damage with PSW3 against an unshielded target? Are you just complaining about the recent nerf, or was that really your results? I haven't used it since the "fix" a few weeks back, so I'm honestly curious.

Another question, since this is all Science related... what were your Aux levels set to? Maxed out? Some of those boff abilities benefit from high Aux to a pretty large degree, like another 100% boost in some cases. Just checking because you prefaced it with being the "best possible results."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
# 15
08-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
Another question, since this is all Science related... what were your Aux levels set to? Maxed out? Some of those boff abilities benefit from high Aux to a pretty large degree, like another 100% boost in some cases. Just checking because you prefaced it with being the "best possible results."
Of course, 125 aux except with TBR3 (otherwise the target would have been pushed outside range, even with evasive on).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
# 16
08-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
To the original subject, I had a question -- you said 0 damage with PSW3 against an unshielded target? Are you just complaining about the recent nerf, or was that really your results? I haven't used it since the "fix" a few weeks back, so I'm honestly curious.
Tooltip damage was ~5600, but only in PvE you can see it produce that damage (it's laughable, but you can see it).
In PvP you have to consider:
-points in armor plating
-points in threat generation
-neutronium consoles
-native hull regen ticks
-borg hull regen proc
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 797
# 17
08-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the key to getting this all addressed is to tell the devs how much it negatively effects your ability to enjoy pve! there will be an emergency patch that night addressing every concern!
"help cryptic! my ship is killing things too fast for me to enjoy the killing of the things!"

hows that argument work?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,329
# 18
08-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
here's a happy number! on my fleet ktinga with 3 blue mkxi particle gens and 84 points from skills, i deal just under 600 dot with EWP3. tac buffed and at 100% health its deals more then 1200, it would be more if i respec and put 9 points in particles. not only is it a great snare, its a GREAT damage contributor.

im tempted to buy up a bunch of cheap plasma weapons buffed by plasma energy consoles that will further buff the dot and go for maximum plasma ownage. except plasma cant own with -20% damage penalty built in

but, this just goes to show how effortlessly a tac captain in every situation puts eng and sci captains out of a job.
My Odyssey KILLS ships with EWP3... I am NOT joking... It does not even need to shoot them that sucker is DEADLY. You do NOT want to be on the Panther Fang's rear lol. (Darned Dilithium Burritos...)

This is a pretty sad list OP... I do not doubt you for a moment though... They have thoroughly screwed over Sci Abilities. They took out their Nerf bat... Then threw it away in favor of a Morning Star and then drank 3 cans of Monster and went to work on those Sci Abilities.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
# 19
08-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Oh i forgot to tell you that i also tested a spectacular
MASK ENERGY SIGNATURE
With 100 skill points in stealth, 125 AUX and an Emergency power to AUX (that also boosts stealth).

LOL
1- can't be activated in combat, but we already knew that
2- it's only effect is to paint your ship in black, my opponent could see me from more than 20km away.

Pretending that this is intentional and that it only works in PvE by design.. I can't imagine a PvE scenario where this ability could be helpful.
Just remove this ability from the game, or fix it if you can.

Last edited by francescos772; 08-25-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,720
# 20
08-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
This was probably the sort of thread that'd be seen as a constructive compilation of feedback, until you had to jump in and start trolling at the devs. We as players can't really expect them to give us their full attention if we keep this up, can we?
welcome to the pvp forum, please lighten up. we kid the devs because we love them. well those that haven't been banned at least
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 PM.