Ensign
# 1 "Earning Zen"
08-25-2012, 07:43 AM
So - I was going to do a survey or two - and then take advantage of your "sudden" Zen sale - Trying to maximize my game dollar...you know.

I take a Pre- survey - It says - Hey - you're qualified for the survey - let's transfer you!

The survey - then, asks me about 25 personal questions - then says "AWW Too bad - you don't qualify!"

now - I'm ok with this once...But I tried SIX other times - and it was the same - OR WORSE. It took me to a place of "Give us your credit card number and you can finish the survey..."

Really? REALLY?

So - I call "shinanigans" I'm getting my broom. If I don't get the zen - can I have my personal information back?

Now, I assume the zen payment is for my time and information. I do not expect to answer 50 questions and be "suddenly and magically" disqualified. I spent my time and gave my answers. Sorry if your sponsor doesn't think it was the "right" answer...It's a SURVEY - there should BE NO RIGHT ANSWER! I answer the questions - you give me the zen- THAT is the deal.

There will be no "Zen Purchase" NOW -I will save the money - since your "offers" are a marketing scam and do NOT PAY OUT ZEN AS PROMISED. So, I will no longer buy zen. Frankly, after that, I'm hard-pressed to continue playing.

I COMPLETED... COMPLETED one survey and it said "THANK YOU" I got "ZERO ZEN." It said AFTER I COMPLETED the survey that I did not qualify. how's that? Barnum and Baily Circus, that's how. Shinanigans! Yeah - I'm so dumb that I won't be spending my "dumb" money here anymore. Whadaaya' got for free? That's what I'll take.

Thanks for the complete waste of time - you're welcome for all the support. I hear Star Wars is going free-to-play.

Last edited by schermerof9; 08-25-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Lieutenant
# 2
08-25-2012, 07:54 AM
*looks around warily*
*whispers*
the key is that you "are" a Single African descended Female, with at least 2 children...
*hides back in the shadows*
Captain
# 3
08-25-2012, 07:56 AM
If you feel you've been cheated by a Survey send a Support Ticket to Cryptic - be as specific as you can in the Ticket. It generally takes 3-4 business days to get a reply.

As for myself, I have done 10 Surveys and have been paid on 6 of them. I've also never been asked anything more personal then my age, gender, state I live in, and Email - but I've never done any of the 1,000+ Zen Surveys. I generally stick to the ones 150 Zen or under.
Ensign
# 4
08-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffytargcream View Post
*looks around warily*
*whispers*
the key is that you "are" a Single African descended Female, with at least 2 children...
*hides back in the shadows*
lol that is hilarious.
>.>
<.<
but is it true?
Ensign
# 5
08-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Well -If that's the case - Then there is some type of discrimination happening. Tell me - Is this company located in the US? Because that's illegal. You cannot disqualify me from anything based on age,race, sex, or religion.

i answered the questions and spent the time - Any other "fine print" that disqualifies me AFTER I have participated, I'm certain would not hold firm under legal scrutiny.

but - legal-ese aside - It's douchey. It's like me buying Zen with a fake credit card. I get mine but they don't get theirs. Well - they got theirs, this time (Time and information) - but I don't get mine (Zen agreed to for participating in the survey).

I guess PW don't get mine anymore. I'm not one to get involved or upset about such sillyness - the PRINCIPLE of the scam makes me angry - and the discriminatory practice of "who qualifies" Shinanigans. scam, fraud, and outright bunko.

If I can't earn 'em (after I've earned them), I ain't buyin' em.

Last edited by schermerof9; 08-25-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Captain
# 6
08-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stantonl33 View Post
lol that is hilarious.
>.>
<.<
but is it true?
No.

It is important to pay attention to the Surveys, though. The Survey companies aren't stupid. If they're going to pay PW they're going to make sure they get actual data. Many of the Surveys are timed - the Surveyors know exactly how long it takes to do them, so if someone does them too quickly they assume it's just being spammed rather then answered, and PW doesn't get paid. Other Surveys have hidden questions in them. Things like: "If you're reading this question check box 3." Again, that's done to make sure someone isn't just checking random boxes to get done quickly. The Survey companies aren't going to pay PW for spamming their data, and thus PW won't pay you.
Ensign
# 7
08-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
No.

It is important to pay attention to the Surveys, though. The Survey companies aren't stupid. If they're going to pay PW they're going to make sure they get actual data. Many of the Surveys are timed - the Surveyors know exactly how long it takes to do them, so if someone does them too quickly they assume it's just being spammed rather then answered, and PW doesn't get paid. Other Surveys have hidden questions in them. Things like: "If you're reading this question check box 3." Again, that's done to make sure someone isn't just checking random boxes to get done quickly. The Survey companies aren't going to pay PW for spamming their data, and thus PW won't pay you.
I answered honestly on the first four. By then I realized it was a "fixed" game and Said I was a multi-millionaire that worked in aero-space.
Captain
# 8
08-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schermerof9 View Post
I answered honestly on the first four. By then I realized it was a "fixed" game and Said I was a multi-millionaire that worked in aero-space.
Well, as I said above, if you feel you've been cheated send in a Support Ticket. You'll never get anything just sitting around a forum bytching about it.
Ensign
# 9
08-25-2012, 08:11 AM
and I often do not have this problem - But it seems "on purpose" now. And not fair/cool.

I play often and buy stuff from the c-store. The "earn zen" should not scam me. My email address phone number and income information are of value - If I furnish them for payment - I should get paid - or that survey should end in TWO QUESTIONS - not a dozen or more and NEVER after they have my name address and phone number. it is at THAT point that you are not offering a deal but phishing.

And, it makes me feel as if this company is run by greedy jerks who would rather swindle me out of $5 than earn my $20.
Commander
# 10
08-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Those things are scams, they lurk around in many games and very few will deliver, most are just trying to cash in by selling your info to advertisers.