Empire Veteran
# 11
08-25-2012, 12:58 PM
R.I.P. Neil.

I say they make a statue of him and put it in Starfleet Acadamy with a dedication plaque to one of the men who have boldly gone where no man has gone before.

Tumorboy, make it so!
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Captain
# 12
08-25-2012, 01:23 PM
I agree an Armstrong Class ship would work indeed. This is a sad day as he was one of the pioneers to Space.

This would be a great way for the game to remember him. Even a plaque mentioned him in the Academy would be good too.
Career Officer
# 13
08-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Just last week I was trying to get a 1/6 Neil Armstrong after seeing some pics of it when someone mentioned wanting to use it as The Impossible Astronaut with a new 11th Dr. Who figure. I got outbid on ebay and now I see someone posting one for $400 I wish I had won last week

I remember watching the landing while staying up late and eating my cake and ice cream after my birthday party as a youngster, it was the best thing ever Thank you for that memory Neil, and Godspeed.

some pics of the figure
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...&postcount=232

Dec/2008
Captain
# 14
08-25-2012, 01:34 PM
God Speed Neil Armstrong.

Your journey to the stars is now complete.

*salute*

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Commander
# 15
08-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
R.I.P. Neil.

I say they make a statue of him and put it in Starfleet Acadamy with a dedication plaque to one of the men who have boldly gone where no man has gone before.

Tumorboy, make it so!
I second that emotion! I remember as a kid watching the moon landing... one of the most awesome moments ever!

Didn't he punch one of those goofy nutjobs that claim the landing was faked a few years back when the idiot tried to confront him? GOOD JOB!
*STO* Itís mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
08-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax6996 View Post
I second that emotion! I remember as a kid watching the moon landing... one of the most awesome moments ever!

Didn't he punch one of those goofy nutjobs that claim the landing was faked a few years back when the idiot tried to confront him? GOOD JOB!
Nah, that was Buzz Aldrin :-)

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 17
08-25-2012, 01:50 PM
My family has a saying "Dance or Die"

This man danced among the stars, he will be missed.

I agree tho, we need a U.S.S. Armstrong flying around ESD as a tribute. Another poster mentioned making it a Luna class vessel, I agree with this as well.

Make it happen Cryptic
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Captain
# 18
08-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suricatta View Post
Or perhaps an NPC ship in orbit around Earth SpaceDock called the USS Armstrong (Luna class ofcourse!)
Yeah, this would be relatively simple to do, as well. I second this motion.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-25-2012, 02:45 PM
I like the idea someone posted of making a map on the moon at the landing site. Also the idea of a Armstrong class ship has alot appeal but I am not as keen on seeing a U.S.S. Armstrong in orbit as it should be out exploring the great unknownnot maintaining orbitseems like it would take away from the legacy to me.
I suppose the only issue with the map would be if there is a lunar colony on the moon in which case make the whole colony map and place a statue on the site.
Peace be with you Mr. Armstrong
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Rest in Balance, Neil.........