Republic Veteran
I was just wondering if it were possible for someone below level 50 to obtain one? I kinda of want one for my science officer (would fit her character very well and all.) and I was wondering if it would be possible for her to get one? (currently she is a captain.)

Because lets face it most of the stuff that comes out of those boxes is junk anyways so if its possible I might as well let her open the boxes.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Potentially.

The boxes are not bound, anyone can open them. If one has a Cryo Launcher then they may get it, but it may come out specifically set as a mk XI usable by Vice Admirals only (since the environment it comes from and is intended for is Vice Admiral only; why set something as level-adaptive if one's supposed to be a VA when they get it anyway).

That would be my guess. Your alt could get one they cannot equip until you get them to Vice Admiral.

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
Republic Veteran
# 3
08-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyvix View Post
Potentially.

The boxes are not bound, anyone can open them. If one has a Cryo Launcher then they may get it, but it may come out specifically set as a mk XI usable by Vice Admirals only (since the environment it comes from and is intended for is Vice Admiral only; why set something as level-adaptive if one's supposed to be a VA when they get it anyway).

That would be my guess. Your alt could get one they cannot equip until you get them to Vice Admiral.
I ask because everything except for the XII Antiproton sonic guns are scaleable...plus I know I can equip the suits at any level.
Career Officer
# 4
08-27-2012, 01:44 PM
I have a launcher I have been using on one of my alts since he was a Commander.
It scales as well. The current stats are 122.7 (Cold) 98.2 (DPS) at VA(50)