Career Officer
# 1 Quick Questions
09-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Hey all, I just started using the foundry, and I have a few questions.

-Is there any way to make a NPC enemy not die while remaining in combat state?
-Can you make a console be permanently interactive (i.e., interact with it, get a popup, but be able to keep doing it?)
-Is there any way to create a "trigger line" that activates an NPC state once you cross it?

Any help would be awesome, thanks in advance.
Rihannsu
# 2
09-08-2012, 05:33 PM
1: no
2: you could stack multiple identical consoles in the same location. As long as they have the same coordinates and rotation players won't be able to see the difference. But... You have multiple, but limited uses.
3: I know move to location tasks work here, maybe you could combine a dialogue popup with a dialogue prompt reached trigger?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 3
09-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Ok, I'll be sure to try those. Thanks!
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
09-08-2012, 05:45 PM
We also now have the ability to set up a default dialogue with an object, which will spawn any time you activate said object the same way we can have default dialogues with NPCs.

Just select your object, and in the menu at the bottom of the screen check the Has default prompt button. Then you can edit that dialogue to heart's content.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 5
09-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Is there a transporter pad prop? If so, what is it called?
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
09-09-2012, 12:07 AM
2 - there is a way that currently exists. You can set an object to have a default dialog. That way whenever you interact with that object the dialog pops up. The only issue is you won't be able to set the Interact settings. The text that appears on the button, the animation used or the duration.

This method may however may be removed at any time.

3. There are no "trigger lines" but a similiar effect can be made with "Reach Markers"

When the marker is first reached it can be used to trigger a state change. It's not a line it's more of a sphere but it does the job.

4.: Re transporter pad. No actual transporter pad asset. You can try to put one together yourself. You will have to be creative and bury some objects under others