Career Officer
# 31
09-02-2012, 11:06 PM
This list is FAIL without Aceton Beam.
Career Officer
# 32
09-06-2012, 01:59 AM
I would have to say the most useless ability I would have to say isPhotonics Officer. Specially since DOFFs can do more for you. Way to long of a cool down. I can put another skill there and have it back up 2or3 times before PO comes off cooldown. Better to have an additional heal or tracker beam over this skill.
Lieutenant
# 33
09-06-2012, 02:50 PM
I will only say with using the skill alone as if you link some skills they become more useful.

Photonic fleet. Most of the time I use it in combat it seems to forget to do more then the initial effect. I mean even when I'm targeted by multiple ships. I think some missions are set so it will not work in them.

Scramble sensors. Too often even when you build for it, it is only good for one shot, not the whole what 10 seconds it says.

Shockwave. Nothing like maxing for it and seeing it do 100 pts to a fighter, and not even push it back.

And what is going on with Target sub systems, For a while I was getting decent use even with just the level one on a sci ship, now it never seems to work.

Biased on personal use and situational, others surely will have different thoughts.

I blame my not being able to even go into the game for being in here........
Career Officer
# 34
09-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akalayus View Post
Abandon Ship for sure. I don't think I've ever used it or even wanted to use it.
I actually just used this, believe it or not, against Borg [Spheres, or maybe it was a Cube]...it had absolutely no affect on them - and I was right on top of them, too.
Career Officer
# 35
09-14-2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojournerx View Post
I actually just used this, believe it or not, against Borg [Spheres, or maybe it was a Cube]...it had absolutely no affect on them - and I was right on top of them, too.
Yeah - found this on the very few occasions I've used the ability. About to be taken out by plasma (HE on cooldown), hull at 2% and shields gone, thinking 'well, can at least do some small amount of damage to this damn cube before I have to sit in respawn oblivion'. Wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
# 36
09-14-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
The Ticket System **hides from mods** >_>
Beat me to it! =3

Repulser Beam, seriously, I've seen this get used in the STF's way to often, push back a Borg Sphere, then have it just come back, mostly with a engine boost.

End up having to whack the Borg Tractor Beam on the bugger to stop it......doesn't help when someone else lets lose with the Repulser Beam a 2nd time a few seconds after I have caught the Sphere..............
Empire Veteran
# 37
09-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Photonic Officer. Too long CD for something I can do almost if not entirely better with DOffs.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 38
09-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
Ground: Sweeping Strikes. We can already melee, dammit!
Space: Photonic Fleet. Nothing but fake ships.
not true. i have seen science ships own the flagship battlegroups in enemy encounters, then the same ship lose because PF was on cooldown. the ships do two very important things, they take fire off you and they add DPS. not a terribly high amount but they do.
If the next Star Trek is on Showtime or HBO, Kirk will look like a prude.

We Want Vic Fontaine!!! No to Arc Yes to a Federation Frigate Pet
Lieutenant
# 39
09-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Personally never used emergency power to Auxilery myself- don't really care for aux power, but as I start to get deeper into the PVP game I may change my mind.
===========

Yeah... Not the best signiture, but it's my first time using an advanced image editing program, so... woo!
Captain
# 40
09-30-2012, 11:52 AM
In my experience, speaking as a cruiser captain, i think the most useless power is Directed Energy Modulation.
In PvP it does way to little bleedthrough damage, which is just too easy to be negated by the enemy player. In PvE the bleedthrough damage just a joke. Anyway this power is not nearly worthy enough to waste a Lt. Engineering slot.
If anything they should make it more powerfuly and make it aready availlable to ensign BOFFs, instead of starting it at Lt.

I must agree to some here that Repulsor Beam is by far the most annoying power, not if your enemy uses it (it can even bey helpful to get some distance to your enemy ), but more than that it is annoying if someone of your own team is using it. Especially if you just locked the enemy into a Eject Warp Plasma cloud or a Gravity well.

Thank you for reading.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit