Career Officer
# 61
12-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Even a granny using a walker can get out of Gravity Well. Blah.
Possibly, but the Negh'vars and Borg Spheres that I mess with regularly in STFs can't. If you spec into it, and with enough Aux, G-Well is awesome in PvE - it's just a shame that it's so impotent in PvP.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 62
02-13-2013, 06:53 AM
Mask Emmisions is by far the most useless.

In response to a few of the powers listed here.

I use BOIII on my Fleet Excel and have critted for 50k on targets. IMO it outshines torps because of its instant hit ability since it does not have to travel.

Aux to Bat.

In the past I would say this was a useless skill. Now with Tech Doffs *I use 3 purples* I can take a 30% chunk out of ALL my BO timers each time I use it. At the same time I am adding 20-30 points of power into everything giving me increased shield resist/recharge faster turn rates and more weapons power if only for 10 seconds. I used to carry 2 of these but I found that I needed more hull heals so I opted for Eng Team III when shields are gone and hull is going 10k hull is nice to have. Its also a great heal for others when I am not getting my own ass shot up.
Starfleet Veteran
Empire Veteran
# 64
02-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwhite0 View Post
Tractor Beam Repulsors is most useless.
I don't think TBR is useless, it's saved my team's neck in several stf situations (like those pesky probes going through the gate at Khitomer).

However, I do find it incredibly annoying when it's used wrong, or has bad timing.
Say I just activated my CSV II on my Guramba, and Im laying into a group of spheres and just overall wrecking them... And then out of nowhere someone opens up with a TBR and they all get shoved back... out of range of my cannons. -.-' There goes my full use of the 10 second countdown on the scatter volley lol
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Photonic shockwave is terrible. Very low damage (~2k), low range (3km) and the repel is crap (everything you hit barely moves).

Edit: Oh yeah, even lower damage if the shields are up.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Actually, most Lt.Comm sci abilities are crap. Photonic shockwave/Viral matrix 1/Charged particle burst/Tyken's rift/Photonic officer. All very "meh"
Captain
# 67
02-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Science... I need say no more
Career Officer
# 68
02-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Sending a ticket about a KDF only bug
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 69
02-13-2013, 07:57 PM
TBR's have an unconventional use in using them as a battering ram against fixed targets, like a cube or a transformer. Since you can't actually repulse them (Cube has too much mass, the rest are fixed objects), you end up doing obscene amounts of damage, especially if you have the embassy consoles on a sci ship to boost your power.
Ensign
# 70
02-21-2013, 09:08 AM
From the universal skills everyone get: Abandon Ship is the worst. By the time your hull is low enough to even be able to use the skill most players will be in panic mode, using every healing/defense boosting ability/item they have trying to survive. And even if the decided they wanted to use Abandon Ship A: It take to long to activate, and B: chances are even with the kamakazie AI nothing will be near you to be damaged by it.

For skills a player can waste a Boff slot on: Boarding Party gets my vote. Your in a combat situtation, you've given the order to lauch shuttles filled with special trained troops to board a hostile enemy ship and what do you get? Well first off you get a buggy skill that may or may not actually lauch shuttles when try to use it. And even if you do the shuttles are being piloted by sight seeing tour bus drivers, who just slowly cruise along at half impulse. On top of that if the target gets destroyed before they get to it, they will just sit at the targets last location and do nothing. At least high yield torpedos know to change to a new target and keep going. If they somehow manage to make it to a live target it is then time to play the RNG lottery and hope their abilities activate.

Last edited by misslithany; 02-21-2013 at 09:12 AM.