Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
Just out of curiosity: two of my fleet mates (who are F2P without the EC-Cap increase) complained that he couldn't contribute to the fleet bank account anymore. Any amount they tried to put into the fleet account just disappeared without a warning.

After trying around a bit, it seems that F2Ps without the EC cap increase can only contribute as long as the amount in the fleet bank is below 10 million. Any money which gets contributed by them when the account is above 10 million simply gets eaten without so much as a warning. Both of them are saying that they were able to contribute normally in the past.

Has this been a recent change? If yes, would it be too hard to include a warning pop-up that will warn them that they will lose that money or - at least - include that information somewhere ingame?
Community Moderator
# 2
08-26-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Just out of curiosity: two of my fleet mates (who are F2P without the EC-Cap increase) complained that he couldn't contribute to the fleet bank account anymore. Any amount they tried to put into the fleet account just disappeared without a warning.

After trying around a bit, it seems that F2Ps without the EC cap increase can only contribute as long as the amount in the fleet bank is below 10 million. Any money which gets contributed by them when the account is above 10 million simply gets eaten without so much as a warning. Both of them are saying that they were able to contribute normally in the past.

Has this been a recent change? If yes, would it be too hard to include a warning pop-up that will warn them that they will lose that money or - at least - include that information somewhere ingame?
You're sure it's not the fleet permissions? I mean it sounds a likely bug (I can totally imagine this happening!) but it could be something much more simple

EDIT: Oh, and moved to the bugs report section so the exterminator can come and get it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 3
08-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
You're sure it's not the fleet permissions? I mean it sounds a likely bug (I can totally imagine this happening!) but it could be something much more simple
It shouldn't be the permissions. The people in question pretty much have the same rights as the fleet leader.

When the Balance is 0, they can contribute up until 10.000.000. If they contribute 10.000.100 the 100 EC above the 10 mil limit is lost. When the balance is 46.456.000 for example any contribution is lost without a warning.

They are both claiming that they were able to contribute past that limit in the past.
Career Officer
# 4
08-26-2012, 11:22 AM
That is correct, because Unless they have purchased the Energy Cap increase they are ONLY supposed to have 10 million. Getting above 10 million most likely occured because they went gold for one month and increase above the cap. when they reverted back to Silver the energy Cap increase Disappears unless it was Purchased in the "Z" Store. The Ability to Donate,Purchase and put things on the Exchange WAS recently Capped to 10 mil IF you were Silver in a Recent Patch. This was Established So Silver players could not put a D'kora on Exchange for 200 mil for example, It would sell and they only would get 10 mil. NOW they can only list up to there Energy Credit Cap, and Function within the Cap. If they wish to Fix this, they must either go BACK to being Gold, OR spend the Zen and get the Extremely Cheap Energy Credit Increase. Until then, they are S.O.L. for the 10 mil overage.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Captain
# 5
08-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Getting above 10 million most likely occured because they went gold for one month and increase above the cap.
They are well below that cap, it's just the fleet bank that is not. If they want to contribute any kind of amount of EC's to the fleet bank, while the fleet banks balance is above 10 million, their contribution is lost.

For example:

Fleet Bank balance: 35.000.000 EC -> Silver Player donates 25.000 EC -> 25.000 EC are removed from Silver player but do not get added to the fleet bank balance. -> 25.000 EC are lost.

Fleet Bank balance: 9.500.000 EC -> Silver Player donates 1.000.000 EC -> 1.000.000 are removed from Silver Player -> 500.000 EC arrive in the fleet bank, 500.000 EC are lost.

It basically means that fleet bank accounts have to be kept below 10 million, so that Silver players can contribute ECs to the bank? Just seems wrong, especially there is no warning to be found in regards to that...

Last edited by fraghul2000; 08-26-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
08-26-2012, 01:13 PM
ok, that then, yes, that is baaad. I didnt understand what you were originally saying BAD Cryptic!
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Captain
# 8
09-04-2012, 09:48 PM
All I can think of is that this is an undocumented "feature" to prevent F2P "solo" fleets from exceeding their F2P cap.

Sucks that they don't advertise it, though.
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Lieutenant
# 9
09-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I second the idea of putting in a warning, at the very least. Adding in a feature to prevent players from losing ECs in this way would be much better, though. Putting this limitation into the FAQs, F2PVSGold Features Matrix, and/or in-game help would also be very nice to do.

I lost 1Mil ECs today because I tried to bank 5Mil EC when the Fleet Bank had 6Mil already in it!

Also, can anyone confirm whether my Fleet Bank EC limit will increase if I buy the Energy Credit Cap Increase upgrade for my account?

Everyone in my fleet is F2P, no one in the fleet has purchased the EC Cap upgrade yet, I'm not the only leader in the fleet, and I'm the one who formed the fleet.

I can live with being the only member able to donate ECs into the Fleet Bank when the balance is above 10Mil. However, before I pay the 500z for the personal EC cap upgrade, I would very much like to know whether that upgrade will also increase the Fleet Bank EC limit for my account.

A preemptive thanks for answers, and bonus points if someone from Cryptic responds and/or adds this information to the the in-game description of the Energy Credit Cap Increase upgrade.
Lieutenant
# 10
09-16-2012, 04:27 PM
So... I found out the answer to my question.

I purchased the 500z EC Cap Upgrade on my account and am now able to deposit more than 10Mil ECs into the fleet bank. Another account in my fleet without the upgrade then tried to deposit 1EC into the fleet bank (currently holding 11Mil ECs), and that 1EC was lost.

To summarize:
1) If your account has the EC Cap Upgrade, you can both hold more than 10Mil EC and deposit [and withdraw] beyond the 10Mil "boundary" into [out of] your fleet's bank.
2) If your account does not have the EC Cap Upgrade, you will
a) lose any ECs you "gain" once you hit your toon's 10Mil EC cap
b) lose any ECs you try to deposit into a fleet bank that is [prior to deposit] at or beyond the 10Mil EC "boundary"
c) not be allowed to withdraw an amount of ECs from the fleet bank that will put you over your toon's 10Mil EC cap meaning that you don't lose any ECs either (ie: if your toon is holding 10Mil EC, the game will deny all of your EC withdraw requests; if your toon is holding less than 10Mil EC, and you try to withdraw an amount that will put you over 10Mil EC, the game will deny your EC withdraw request)

I also want to reiterate that I would like to see this information put into the in-game and/or STO web site info/help areas such as the FAQs, F2PVSGold Features Matrix, and the EC Cap Upgrade description texts.

Thanks in advance [I hope].