Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
Please remove the 50% shield 50% hull damage split on feedback pulse ability.


Make it so that the feedback pulse hits whatever is in its path ...shield or hull.


This will not only simplify the ability but also makes it effective. If the target is firing on you and feedback pulse is a secondary source of damage for you then you would benefit from it helping you bring down the target's shields. If shields are down then great it will hit the hull.

The current 50-50 split only makes the ability be practically useless as the 50% hull damage is instantly healed by the regular crew repair (no need to even use a repair power) and shields hit at half strength on a 30% to 60% of damage received reflect ability is the equivalent of firing on a level 50 with a level 1 turret. It does zilch.


.... and it would be good if the feedback pulse damage also generated hate from the npc's. Simply base the hate amount off the player's threat control level. If zero threat control then 0 aggro. If 9 threat control then have the feedback pulse each do the max hate generation of any energy weapon type.

.... and we could use a feedback pulse boosting duty officer. There is one for polarize hull (discussed below) but no doff bonuses affect feedback pulse.

Finally, also on 'reflect' subject:

The Doff that grants reflect chance when polarize hull is used also needs a change. To begin with, polarize hull itself lasts only 15 seconds and the doff ability limits the reflect proc to happen with 3 seconds in between ...on a VERY low % chance to trigger.

Thing is, even with a 100% trigger it would mean the reflect happens only 5 times in 15 seconds and for a mere 25% reflect that again has the silly 50-50 split. If Feedback 3 at max aux & particle skill does nearly useless damage @ 80% reflect then a 25% reflect is completely pointless.

Change these doffs to be:

(purple doff)

25% chance to reflect 25% energy damage

blue= 15% chance, green = 10% chance.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg

Last edited by cmdrskyfaller; 08-26-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 46
# 2
08-26-2012, 10:19 AM
My only problem with FBP is that there's about only 2 people I've ever seen capable of making that skill actually work wonders. Everyone else in pvp when they activate FBP it barely tickles me and I can attack right through it, but those 2 people will kill you in about 2 seconds if you don't stop attacking them.

Either there's some glitch/bug with FBP that those 2 figured it out, or they are the only 2 people in the entire pvp community that uses FBP that actually know how to work that skill properly.

FBP losing the 50-50 and going all out on either shields or hull would be an interesting idea, but I only think of those 2 folks. If a person has no shields and they attack either one, they will die in 1 second flat. And if it's a bug, and either one of those 2 decide to reveal on the forums on how to get that build going, providing it's not a glitch/exploit, then the game would go back to the old FBP back when the game was first released.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 3
08-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulwarrior78 View Post
My only problem with FBP is that there's about only 2 people I've ever seen capable of making that skill actually work wonders. Everyone else in pvp when they activate FBP it barely tickles me and I can attack right through it, but those 2 people will kill you in about 2 seconds if you don't stop attacking them.

Either there's some glitch/bug with FBP that those 2 figured it out, or they are the only 2 people in the entire pvp community that uses FBP that actually know how to work that skill properly.

FBP losing the 50-50 and going all out on either shields or hull would be an interesting idea, but I only think of those 2 folks. If a person has no shields and they attack either one, they will die in 1 second flat. And if it's a bug, and either one of those 2 decide to reveal on the forums on how to get that build going, providing it's not a glitch/exploit, then the game would go back to the old FBP back when the game was first released.

Feedback pulse requires high particle skill and very high aux power thats all there is to it. People who use it and dont do much damage very likely have aux at low and poor particle skills. Most cruisers and escorts fall into this category.

The thing is, in PVP it does unfair damage because players have ridiculously high damage outputs and relatively weak hulls so the 50-50 split catches them unaware. Plus the fact that if its a ship that fires cannons at you from 5km you can put up the feedback before the cannons hit and just watch the guy die..he cant react to the feedback being put up since he already fired.

I've had jemhadar bug ships literally 1-shot themselves firing on me because of their ludicrous spike damage.... their hulls implode on the first couple of hits on my shields.

Changing it to direct reflected damage would make it fair in pvp (and useful) and an effective tool in pve where the npcs have insane hull amounts but weak shields.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 384
# 4
08-26-2012, 03:07 PM
in pvp i dont know what it does and not interst me.


and for pve it works great how it is so ignore shilds and a 25% dmg hitds hull works very nice and usefull.

if you change it to 50% to hull all it will be to strong , if you make it 50% to shild it will be usless on any way and nobody will use it anymore .

Last edited by lostmoony; 08-26-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 5
08-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmoony View Post
in pvp i dont know what it does and not interst me.
It works the same as in PVE.


Quote:
and for pve it works great how it is so ignore shilds and a 25% dmg hitds hull works very nice and usefull.

if you change it to 50% to hull all it will be to strong , if you make it 50% to shild it will be usless on any way and nobody will use it anymore .
Feedback pulse now does not ignore shields.

Right now it IS 50% shield 50% hull. That is why it is not so useful as a damage ability.

If you reflect 2000 damage back to target that 2000 damage is applied:

1000 to shields
1000 to hull.


In PVE, most NPC ships have weak shields and a lot of hull hitpoints.

Its something like:

40k shields
500k+ hull.

Player ships on the other hand have a lot less hull hitpoints.

14k shields
60k hull


That is why if you have feedback active and a borg sphere is shooting at you the reflected damage will do NOTHING to it. The hull damage is so insignificant that you barely see it drop 1%. The shield damage since it is cut in half is so insignificant the sphere can just sit on top of you for a long time receiving reflected damage and not be hurt that much.

Case in point, in Infected Elite I've had multiple spheres firing on me.. the feedback pulse III was showing 20+ reflected damage hits on each sphere , each hitting between 1200 and 2500 damage...and the spheres were unharmed.

If my beam arrays were doing THAT much damage per shot that fast the sphere wouldve lost the shields and a good part of its hull in less than 10 seconds.

But the reflected damage, being split in half, does nothing worth writing home about.

That is why it needs to be changed. I am spending a high ranking boff slot offensively and the ability itself is supposed to do damage.... therefore I EXPECT it to be functional in that role.

Having the reflect damage hit the shield or hull for the full reflected amount and not split the damage is the way to fix it.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 384
# 6
08-28-2012, 11:33 AM
i have it at lvl 2 on my ship and try it on a normal cube in ISE out i fly to the cube on the right side on the gate near 1 km befor him wait 4 sec that he is full agro and start attaking me then i switch feedback impuls afther 15 sec he destroy himself 30% hull.

shilds full up but who cares its EPIC if 3 players do that at once its possible to 1 hit him without doing any shot .


i love it how it is.

ohh and a question is it possiblew to 1 hit a cube with feedback lvl 3 ?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 7
08-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmoony View Post
i have it at lvl 2 on my ship and try it on a normal cube in ISE out i fly to the cube on the right side on the gate near 1 km befor him wait 4 sec that he is full agro and start attaking me then i switch feedback impuls afther 15 sec he destroy himself 30% hull. shilds full up but who cares its EPIC if 3 players do that at once its possible to 1 hit him without doing any shot .
I doubt it is your feedback doing that damage. Its most likely your team-mates. Those cubes have approximately 300k hull hitpoints.

Look at your combat log to check how much damage each pulse does.


Quote:

ohh and a question is it possiblew to 1 hit a cube with feedback lvl 3 ?
No. Only weapon that can do that is a tricobalt mine spread 3 with all tac captain buffs applied AND the captain has full points in torpedo specialization. And even then its only if the mines crit.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:57 AM.