Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738
# 1 Ship Refits done poorly
08-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Customers arnt happy

STO isn't making the money it should be

The sovereign refit should have went along this pattern

The Sovereign
Free
LT Cdr level

Warp 10
8 consoles
Turn rate 7
3 device slots
Boff layout
LT Cdr. Eng.
LT Cdr. Tac
LT Eng
LT Sci
Shipyard layout one choice

Sovereign Mk-II
Warp +1
turn rate 9
4 device slots
9 console slots
Ship comes with a special ability such as Metron gas canister

Boff layout
Cmdr Tac
LT Cmdr. Eng.
LT Sci
En. Tac
Shipyard layout two choices

Sovereign Mk-III

Warp. +2
turn rate 11
4 device slots
10 console

Boff layout
Universal pick your own 10 ranks 5 spots
Max
Ship comes with.2 special abilitys
Enhanced sickbay +35 crew casualities

Shipyard all 4 ship skins

So first you get the free ship LT commander
750 Zen for mk-II. Caption
2000 Zen for mk-III. RA Upper half

All Refits could follow a pattern like this one
Where the customer gets something they want without
Unbalancing
Cryptic could get more zen and us better ships to
Enjoy
Icon ships. Like the galaxy class could also be done this way
We get the balanced ship we want cryptic gets Zen

There is No balance now I'n the ships refitting existing ships
Is a easy good way to begin balance and make money too

The investment is creating new ship models changing stats is too easy
And money is not being made by not doing it
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,950
# 2
08-26-2012, 11:41 AM
First, you don't know how happy the customers are. As I've said in other threads, assuming 300,000 people are playing STO, and you managed to get 1,000 of them on the forum to agree with you about something, that means you managed to get 1/3 of 1% of the fan-base to agree with you.

Second, you have no idea how much money STO is making. Maybe they could make more, maybe they might make less. If "one way" of doing something was perfect for everyone we'd all only be playing WoW.

We all have different opinions of what we want.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,676
# 3
08-26-2012, 12:28 PM
lol.... fully universal BO's on a RA Level sovvy? let alone 10 console slots? thats way OP....


especially for only 2000 zen.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 66
# 4
08-26-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm curious whats your criteria to say these are the stats the sovy should be? Where is the cross ship comparisons? What about metrics analysis? Right didn't think so. Cryptic put out the ship they wanted too after testing it to comprable ships... as fas as players happiness stop speculating... because you can't know. As far as profits go... You can't know that either but if I were a betting man. ( based on educated guess of all the +1 ships, costume packs and lockbox ships I see flying around) I would bet STO is doing just fine financially.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,311
# 5
08-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
First, you don't know how happy the customers are. As I've said in other threads, assuming 300,000 people are playing STO, and you managed to get 1,000 of them on the forum to agree with you about something, that means you managed to get 1/3 of 1% of the fan-base to agree with you.

Second, you have no idea how much money STO is making. Maybe they could make more, maybe they might make less. If "one way" of doing something was perfect for everyone we'd all only be playing WoW.

We all have different opinions of what we want.
Correct. He may not know how happy customers are. In fact, he may even be incorrect about how happy he is.

On the thousand people, if he did survey a thousand people, and that was the result, you are wrong. I suppose that means you were wrong in other threads too. Maybe you mean to say "just cause a few people on the forum say so, doesn't mean we all say so.

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/scienc...icipants.shtml

He doesn't need to know how much money STO is making. That's not his point. His point is that by NOT taking an action they are missing possible sales. It is reasonable to believe that he may be correct. It isn't a stretch. All that would have to occur is ONE incremental sale and viola! It may not shoot them to the top of the Fortune 500, but it is measurable.

Of course that's taking the assumption that the OP was referring to revenue and not the actual net profit. Commonly when people discuss sales figures and/new ventures they are discussing revenue. When people discuss payroll, distribution, advertising it is more likely that the real profit will be the focus of "making money".

So, in short, wrong.

Have a GREAT DAY!!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738
# 6
08-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wry1 View Post
I'm curious whats your criteria to say these are the stats the sovy should be? Where is the cross ship comparisons? What about metrics analysis? Right didn't think so. Cryptic put out the ship they wanted too after testing it to comprable ships... as fas as players happiness stop speculating... because you can't know. As far as profits go... You can't know that either but if I were a betting man. ( based on educated guess of all the +1 ships, costume packs and lockbox ships I see flying around) I would bet STO is doing just fine financially.
I am I'n a 450 plus member fleet we have from 25 to 75 members
Online most night 1/2 use cruisers, I am the only one so far with
The regent.
Look around earth space dock change instances count the regents

Not many

You mentioned my model was OP.... Compared to what
At 25 dollars the regent should be equal to the most power cruiser
I'n the federation fleet.

I'n our fleet our cruiser slippers arnt happy with their ships
Our alien ship captians are happy our escort skippers are happy
Our science skippers are kinda happy.I'n a weeks time I socialize
With well over 100 players I base my speculation.

At 25 bucks the regent should be equal to the Tatical oddy and it's not even close

If you want to use smoothing other than price to compare ship
Value $$$$$ verses capability

I like this game and want it to thrive
I also think ( suits ) run the company and don't
Have a clue what the customers want

Star wars galaxies had that problem as well
I'n the end they did not listen to there customers
And the game failed.

This game will thrive or fail because of customer
Satisfaction.
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,643
# 7
08-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
I am I'n a 450 plus member fleet we have from 25 to 75 members
Online most night 1/2 use cruisers, I am the only one so far with
The regent.
Look around earth space dock change instances count the regents

Not many

You mentioned my model was OP.... Compared to what
At 25 dollars the regent should be equal to the most power cruiser
I'n the federation fleet.

I'n our fleet our cruiser slippers arnt happy with their ships
Our alien ship captians are happy our escort skippers are happy
Our science skippers are kinda happy.I'n a weeks time I socialize
With well over 100 players I base my speculation.

At 25 bucks the regent should be equal to the Tatical oddy and it's not even close

If you want to use smoothing other than price to compare ship
Value $$$$$ verses capability

I like this game and want it to thrive
I also think ( suits ) run the company and don't
Have a clue what the customers want

Star wars galaxies had that problem as well
I'n the end they did not listen to there customers
And the game failed.

This game will thrive or fail because of customer
Satisfaction.
You can't say there aren't many Regents just because of ONE instance in ESD, or just because of your one fleet. There's TON's more instances/fleets in general, and MANY MORE zones where they could be in. Your conclusion is based on very low info, and that hugely hurts your conclusion.

And while many things can be said about the price of these ships, the Dreadnought Cruiser is 25$, and it's not comparable to the Odyssey and the Fleet ships. The Regent is more-or-less the same, and that's the standard: aside from the flagship classes and the Fleet ships, the other ships aren't on the same level.

This is for diversity of ship builds, not for having the best stats.

As for suits not having a clue, that's nothing new.

In short... your conclusion is near impossible to believe, because of hugely obvious lack of research. It's nothing personal though.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 267
# 8
08-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
First, you don't know how happy the customers are. As I've said in other threads, assuming 300,000 people are playing STO, and you managed to get 1,000 of them on the forum to agree with you about something, that means you managed to get 1/3 of 1% of the fan-base to agree with you.

Second, you have no idea how much money STO is making. Maybe they could make more, maybe they might make less. If "one way" of doing something was perfect for everyone we'd all only be playing WoW.

We all have different opinions of what we want.
Totally agree. forums are nice, but a shell of what the player base may actually represent....i wish the Devs would bring back polls or email blast surveys again. The lockbox survey seemed to work very positive for Cryptic. Perhaps that's the cure all method they should use more often.

Last edited by paragon92518; 08-26-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 135
# 9
08-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
You can't say there aren't many Regents just because of ONE instance in ESD, or just because of your one fleet. There's TON's more instances/fleets in general, and MANY MORE zones where they could be in. Your conclusion is based on very low info, and that hugely hurts your conclusion.

And while many things can be said about the price of these ships, the Dreadnought Cruiser is 25$, and it's not comparable to the Odyssey and the Fleet ships. The Regent is more-or-less the same, and that's the standard: aside from the flagship classes and the Fleet ships, the other ships aren't on the same level.

This is for diversity of ship builds, not for having the best stats.

As for suits not having a clue, that's nothing new.

In short... your conclusion is near impossible to believe, because of hugely obvious lack of research. It's nothing personal though.
I also, think it's about time for a crusier upgrade. Altho crusiers seem to be fine in PVE, they are very lacking in PVP. Since the healing and skill point NERFs just before F2P, crusier healing is sub-par and I quit PVP gameplay entirely at that point in time. And Cryptic has added even more DPS since that time which installs crusiers even farther down on the list. My eng in a fleet escort (10 console ship that runs the exact same resist as the excel) does just fine but I utterly refuse to play the PVP version of "Escorts Online". I even think I said this would happen when Cryptic did these NERFs. Since then, a developer came to the PVP forums and said something to the effect of "we could take PVP entirely out of the game and no1 would notice". Small wonder why. Now, I see people trying the "cannon excel builds" again. Might as well fly an escort as even a 8 turn rate is very lacking against any escort with dual heavy/quad cannons.

The new Sov was quite a let-down for me, personaly. I have the excel and I seen no reason to spend money on a ship that trades TT1 for ET1 with less turn rate. IMHO, the excel is still the better "buy" altho in PVP gameplay the escort still is "king".
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,950
# 10
08-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon92518 View Post
Totally agree. forums are nice, but a shell of what the player base may actually represent....i wish the Devs would bring back polls or email blast surveys again. The lockbox survey seemed to work very positive for Cryptic. Perhaps that's the cure all method they should use more often.
Personally, I'd love a forced poll. Once a month Cryptic would have a poll. The poll would be on the game Launcher, and you can't launch the game without clicking on your choice in the poll. Doing something like that would give Cryptic very accurate information as to what its players are interested in.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 PM.