Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Career Officer
# 11
08-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
and once again, something I said in haste and frustration comes back to bite me in the ass, proving that no matter how much cultural detergent I use, I will always be a redneck.

Seriously, now, doing that is called "Griefing" and it's every bit as rude and douchey as being a whiny elitist snob throwing tantrums.

But...

The core point still stands- The "Fleet Triple" of Starbase Incursion, Fleet Alert, and Starbase Defense were obviously and visibly structured intentionally to cause mixing between new players, returning players, old hands, and high end players. If you play out Incursion enough (either Klingon, or Feddie) you already KNOW where the Sabos are going to spawn (within a few meters), about when, etc. based on which race they are. Likewise, enough goes at the two space events, and you'll have a fair idea of the "Tactics" (and I use that word loosely) of the AI-driven opposition, their capabilities, and about where the boss is going to spawn from.

The only REAL variable, is what your team is going to do-and that's the variable that takes it from being a low-buck, low-effort one-shot module into something challenging.

Which it is SUPPOSED to be-not just a predictable grind like Nukara's outdoors portion or the initial levels of the city on Defera, but a challenge. (note that the Defera missions payout is pretty low folks. Hours of work for about six FM if you're soloing. That's on account of it being predictable if it's not your very first go down there.)

15+ FM for fifteen minutes of time? not bad, compared to the endless grind of the two VA ONLY sites where you don't have to PUG because you can solo it through all the Green, most of the Purples, and some of the Yellows (admittedly for less).

There is NO reasonable expectation of maximum payout, but most of the failures I've seen come from people expecting to have it all their own way, all the time, and who tantrum when they don't get it.
Being a Redneck myself, I see nothing wrong with this. The idea of a FLEET, is to work together.
The reason "Lowbies" are given command, is because we are "At war".
StarFleet depends on us, (the VA, RA and captains to HELP the lower officers. Not shove them to the left of the sector to fend for themselves.

btw.... the worst alerts I have been in, have been with VA's whinning about LTC's on the team, instead of fighting.
YES, I do watch "Lowbies", but to throw heals if needed and pull agro. And you know what... Never have I been thanked by a VA for this.... It has always been a Captain or lower.
Commander
# 12
08-26-2012, 04:56 PM
thunderfoot006, what about standard issue stuff instead? You can't do rainbow but it is weaker. You want to do it sometime? I can get a LT Tac and just go pew pew with a half equipped ship. You in?

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Captain
# 13
08-26-2012, 05:08 PM
That's the spirit! Hadn't thought about using Mk 0 stuff at all. Used to play as a Jade Falcon back in my MW4 days. It was a point of honor to use only enough resources to win the fight. Anybody can drop an Atlas when they're ridin' a Dire Wolf. Now the fellow who can drop an Atlas while piloting a Kit Fox, that fellow's got some skills.
Does anyone here remember when we used to look forward to playing STO after the weekly patch?

Having fun while playing a game is OP. Plz nerf. Oh. You already did.
Commander
# 14
08-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I wonder if there are other mk 0 weapons. Because then you could run a mk 0 rainbow boat in a LT. ship with no BOFFs equipped.

Just think of the hate.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
08-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I LIKE working with lowbies in Fleet alert and blockade

Actually my favorite team mate (we run together about twice a week on alerts) flys a rainbow warrior (Three different coloured cannons/turrets)
it really ANNOYS VA's when he turns up
Aka trolling. Love you sollvax
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Captain
# 16
08-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Ok, "Whiny post" so call me what you will

Right, I run 3 VAs (one tac, 1 engi, 1 science) and I do fleet actions from time to time, my engi can tank so well I can hold off half a wave in fleet defence for about 3-5 minutes (then my cycle breaks as the shields buckle and I then need help) but that's beside the point, I don't have a problem with the lower levels... correction I WOULDN'T have a problem with them if they were willing to talk and ask if they were doing something wrong, i have the same problem in STFs, I'm quite happy to help and teach if others are willing to be helped and taught (which they aren't).

as for rainbow ships i ran 1 for a while, I then switched to single energy tyoe, you know how much damage difference i noticed? 0 That's right a big fat 0. So please don't have a go at those running rainbow ships, chances are they are having greater debuff effect than you are.

However as stated previously my problem is not with the low level players but those who refuse to listen to experienced players
Career Officer
# 17
08-26-2012, 06:22 PM
It would seriously help if you people taught the lowbies how to play and assist them especially if they are new. The community in this is the most horrendous even before F2P, while before F2P it wasn't bad it was really borderline with the Epenis showboating and harassment. I myself am simply a mediocre player in STO due to not cookie cutting into the min max builds, they do not fit my playstyle and do not make the game fun for me. I have gone out of my way many times to help and support in game quite often to support others.

If you have lowbies in the fleet have them purchase operation Tac assets from the star base to support there DPS. A maranda pumping out elite fighters or a wing of ships is a lot better than watching them explode and be sure to have them slot heals, at least one.
what the hell is up with the crappy "f" at the end of my name was never there on either website till the crappy change
Ensign
# 18
08-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Some people deserve to be banned.

Those people are ones that exist to ruin others day, we have words for them, but I don't want to hurt their child ears, they might get boo-boos and cry to Cryptic about being audibly violated on the internet. Yet still they continue to ruin STO by intentionally making failure toons just to prove that they don't deserve to be gamers.

The lack of level balance is unfortunate, and a debate to push at the developers, but intentionally antagonizing the situation is just another way kids get their kicks. Those people deserve to never play this game, or be allowed on the internet, again.

Watch them reply to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieshdorf View Post
It would seriously help if you people taught the lowbies how to play and assist them especially if they are new.
They do, it's called a guide. Also, this stupidity about cookie cutter builds? In Champions Online, sure I would agree, but everything in this game is so under the hood that EVERYONE is a cookie cutter, some just like to try and be unique (read: stupid) and gimp themselves without bothering to read up. The level of sheer laziness in people that don't pre-plan is astounding, as Cryptic has made it beyond easy to respect bridge officers. Respeccing yourself is only a matter of making a new toon if you're such a bum that you can't be bothered to put down a pittance.

Last edited by ziploc332; 08-26-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Career Officer
# 19
08-26-2012, 07:01 PM
I am tired of seein first tier starbase because they came in first

it needs to be set on tier 2 at this point what most fleets are at this point
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
08-27-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Aka trolling. Love you sollvax
Being fair all the weapons on my friends rainbow warrior are Mk VIII (the highest he can use) and his DPS is comparable with any other captain level ship

its just all in pretty colours