Ensign
I'd like to talk about loading screens, and about how much time I've spent looking at them.

It works to reduce the amount of time you spend looking at them, but if you have to, it helps to have beautiful loading screens.

Some of the Federation loading screens reminiscent of microscopy studies remind me of Linnea's work with Scanning Electron Microscopy photography, which I saw some wonderful artistic examples of on display at festivals.

This is her website: http://www.linearphotography.com/

I think it would be wonderful if there was a bit of effort to put some real science imagery into Star Trek Online, in the form of beautiful loading screens. Or maybe we could somehow show our own images for loading screens?

I'm sure this probably farfetched, but it certainly seems within the realms of possibility...
Would anyone else like to jump in with their opinion at this point?
Lieutenant
# 2
08-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Loading screens are never going to be a painless experience, but I do agree some better eye candy would help a great deal, considering the volume of them we have to endure in STO.

That said, I'd also love to have some more immersive loading screens. detailed stats on ships of the line, player ship MSD okudagrams, interactive crew logs from recent plot events, looped clip of one's ship travelling at warp, ect. Wishful thinking, though. It would require new tech, and Cryptic isn't Perfect World's R&D. Also cups.

*but seriously, some eye candy would be appreciated*
Ensign
# 3 Eye candy
08-26-2012, 08:45 PM
"Okudagrams" would be nice: but I would enjoy different loading screens for ground
and space to avoid confusion.

Perhaps images of Starfleet personell carrying different types of equipment for ground missions.

And for space, just a scene of your current ship traveling at transwarp. *imagines Odyssey at transwarp*