Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Captain
# 41
08-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozewa View Post
Since dilithium can not be earned directly in the game.
I'm not sure I follow that line of thought.

I do something in the game and am rewarded Dilithium, at which point I either click a button in game to refine it, or it's refined for me automatically if I'm a gold subscriber. So exactly how is it that dilitium is not earned directly in the game, when you don't have to anything outside the game to earn it?
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayukan View Post
To Cryptics defense I have to say pretesting your new skill set in STO is more than easy. You can copy your character to Tribble instantly. You aren't limited to a low number of transfers per week or month. So there is no excuse for not using Tribble to pre-test your new skill choices.
Although It's plausible to do so, The purpose of tribble is for testing, so most spend it on different ships and such to help test things out. The Zen for me thus far has never been replenished so I can't exactly do this on a whim. However, that was a very keen observation and may help some people.
Lieutenant
# 43
08-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
I'm not sure I follow that line of thought.

I do something in the game and am rewarded Dilithium, at which point I either click a button in game to refine it, or it's refined for me automatically if I'm a gold subscriber. So exactly how is it that dilitium is not earned directly in the game, when you don't have to anything outside the game to earn it?
FIRST OFF YOU HAVE COMPLETELY MISQUOTED ME.

What I said is that ZEN can not be earned directly in game. So since we're misquoting people ...

Quote:
I like pie
Captain
# 44
08-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:

What I said is that ZEN can not be earned directly in game. So since we're misquoting people ...
You should probably read your own post as you clearly typed: "Since dilithium can not be earned directlyin the game, and my jurisdiction actually defines "In-game currency" as such, what I am supposed to say?"

There was no misquoting - like you were doing with my posts. You simply mistyped.

Beyond that, I think most people will simply disagree with you. Dilithium, an in-game currency, can be used to buy in-game items such as weapons, Craft new items, contribute to Fleetbases, and buy Zen. What you do with those weapons, crafted items, Fleetbases, or Zen is your own business.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 08-28-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Captain
# 45
08-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Popping in.

Shuffling this over to the C-Store feedback subforum as it seems more appropriate there at this stage.

Also let's make sure this thread doesn't get too flamey people
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Popping in.

Shuffling this over to the C-Store feedback subforum as it seems more appropriate there at this stage.

Also let's make sure this thread doesn't get too flamey people
I for one want to light a fire under Cryptic/PWE collective posterior.
Captain
# 47
08-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
First off... NO I DID NOT.

See I can type in all caps too. But all caps doesn't change what you said. You do understand how the quote system works on message boards right?

Because my quote contained the text from your post. Go back and look if you want, and you'll see how much of your foot you have firmly planted in your mouth.

Second off. You should really double check what's going on before you start yelling at people, because you might be wrong and that makes you look even worse. You are not only wrong, you're yelling at someone else while being wrong.
Lieutenant
# 48
08-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
First off... NO I DID NOT.

I remember typing up that post and I do not remember having that wording in there. So either somebody is editing my posts *glares at tobar* or I'm losing my mind.

Regardless, you know what I meant to say, and just to avoid any ambiguity on the issue let me clarify:

Quote:
What I meant is that ZEN can not be earned directly in game.
Anyway.

Is it just a coincidence that the PWE representative moves this thread to a less active subforum?
Captain
# 49
08-28-2012, 02:38 PM
First, if a Mod edits your post you'll see an edit comment on the bottom of your post.

Second, your question had nothing to do with the FTP transition - which is what the FTP Q&A forum is for. Your question about Respec costs is a C-Store issue, and this is in the C-Store section of the forum.
Captain
# 50
08-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
I remember typing up that post and I do not remember having that wording in there.
I don't care what you remember, and I highly doubt that anyone is doing some sort of stealth edit on your posts.

Quote:
Regardless, you know what I meant to say
No I don't, you made a very clear statement and I questioned it. Then you flew off the handle and are now making accusations that the Mods are out to get you...

To the point, I'd say it's highly debatable if Zen can be considered a in game currency or not. Because you can earn it without giving a dime to Cryptic/PWE.

The definition you used did not once have the word 'only' in it, as in 'only earned though in game activities'. So even with your definition, Zen can be considered a in game currency seeing how it's possible to earn it though 100% in game actions.