Ensign
# 1 Elite too hard? Run Normal
08-26-2012, 06:12 PM
This for all the people whining that Elite players don't like noob mistakes.

Face it, you're in a game mode with the word "Elite" in it.

You should not be here on this forum whining about how hard it is. There is no real reason to play Elite mode other than the challenge, the costumes are certainly not that much to look at. Elite STFs are a completely optional game mode in which you do not have to play if you cannot handle the level of skill and dedication is requires. If you do not know how to play, run Normal mode. If you want to play for fun, run Normal mode, I certainly won't look down on someone that runs Normal mode.

I won't even look down on you if you enter into chat and say "Hey I'm new to Elites, just a heads up"

In my group, you will get a prompt "Thanks for the heads up, stick with the group and don't run ahead, you'll be fine." In ground, plus general directions in Space "Do not damage past 10%/Stay 5KM out from the boss/Don't let the two probes get away"

I will, however, look down on someone that clearly needs to be in normal mode and wants to run Elite because they think they're entitled to easy mode gameplay. I will also flame anyone ignoring the advice given in favour of "screwing around because it's a game" because that's what Normal mode is for.

Get off your whine box and read a guide. If you can't find one, you shouldn't be on the internet to begin with. Get on Google, type in "Elite STF guide" and read.

No, really, right here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Elite+STF+Guide

Now you literally have no excuse, so the next time you jump into an ESTF and get yelled at because of ignorance, you deserve it. Gaming used to be as hard as Mega Man, now it's easy as Farmville, do not whine when something gets difficult.

┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ

Last edited by ziploc332; 08-26-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
08-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Pffffft.... Elite isn't even Elite... Bring back the old STF's... when completing Elite meant something.

Cryptic has taken so much bite out of the Borg, even the Isometric Charge was a welcome addition (to me at least) to CSE Neg's (although no longer even an issue).

Who remembers the Regeneration Probes on Cure Space Part 2... or The sphere guardians with every probe spawn on Khito Space part 1, when the gateway shields only dropped for a few moments to allow the next spawn wave come through. That took coordination, effort, training, a balanced team (none of this LF3M xSE - Tacs only) . You needed Engineers, you Needed Sci...

The fact of the matter is... today's Elite STF's aren't Elite at all... they're barely Advanced.

I'm sorry, if you have a single ship tanking cubes, or clearing all spawns in Cure Space (leaving the other 4 to take out probes, and 3 cubes)... it isn't elite.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....