Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Why no playable Aenar?
08-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Well, as the title states, why do we not get to play as Aenar? It makes me sad...
Career Officer
# 2
08-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
Well, as the title states, why do we not get to play as Aenar? It makes me sad...
Alien parts are there for aenar.
  • Choose "Alien" from species menu.
  • Choose traits you want.
  • Enjoy.
Commander
# 3
08-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Because the Aenar aren't a popular species to consider playing as...?

But then again, neither are the Tellarites, Saurians, Rigellians, and Pakled, so my argument holds no water.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren0kitlor View Post
  • Choose traits you want.
  • Enjoy.
You can use Blindsense and Project Image on "Alien" Playable Characters? My bad...
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren0kitlor View Post
  • Choose traits Telepathic, Mental Disipline, maybe Acute Senses.
  • Enjoy.
Of course the real issue being, they are blind, so unless Cryptic figures out some intesting "visual" for the player, it won't be right running around seeing everything like everyone else.
This is not as good as it used to be...
Commander
# 6
08-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Well, They have heightened senses that allow them to pretty much "See" everything around them without actually seeing. Kind of like how Dare Devil can sense vibrations around him and actually see based off the Pings they make.

From a gameplay standpoint, the Aenar are already playable, you just have to buy to unlock them like the Caitians, Ferasans, Fed Klingons, and KDF Joined Trill. Anyone who plays as them has full visibility just like any other race, nothing changes for the player. It's just an informed ability.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by targpetz101 View Post
Of course the real issue being, they are blind, so unless Cryptic figures out some intesting "visual" for the player, it won't be right running around seeing everything like everyone else.
Didn't seem to have a whole lot of trouble in the show, they could even tell colors...

Quote:
Jhamel: I've never met a blue skin.
Shran: You're blind! How can you tell my skin is blue?
Jhamel: Don't ask me to explain. I was never very good at science.
"The Aenar"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusashorn View Post
From a gameplay standpoint, the Aenar are already playable, you just have to buy to unlock them like the Caitians, Ferasans, Fed Klingons, and KDF Joined Trill.
I've got all of the playable character unlocks (unless this was a legacy one that is no longer available) and they are not in my list of playable races. You can get them as a purchasable Bridge Officer (like the Caitians) but not as a playable character.

Last edited by switchngc; 08-27-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Captain
# 8
08-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
You can use Blindsense and Project Image on "Alien" Playable Characters? My bad...
Heh heh.....

Yeah it's sad, there are a lot of really cool species that could be added without much difficulty. Shame they don't do it.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusashorn View Post
But then again, neither are the Tellarites, so my argument holds no water.
Captain Barbri and Admiral Gearr are insulted by this insinuation.
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
Lieutenant
# 10
08-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by targpetz101 View Post
Too bad in the ST universe, there is no cure for blindness, something like Eye Implants or some kind of Visor you could wear