Lt. Commander
# 11
08-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingtran2 View Post
Too bad in the ST universe, there is no cure for blindness, something like Eye Implants or some kind of Visor you could wear
The problem with this is, it is their blindness that allows for their other senses to be strong and superior, if the blindness were to go away, their previous strengths would weaken to balance.

I think its more likely they are not playable, because well they are rare outside their little caves, not even sure why they made them as bridge officers.

On a side note: If Romulans ever get their own faction, they should be able to enslave some of these guys, haha.
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
Lieutenant
# 12
08-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praghas View Post
The problem with this is, it is their blindness that allows for their other senses to be strong and superior, if the blindness were to go away, their previous strengths would weaken to balance.
Even their Telepathy?
Commander
# 13
08-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
I've got all of the playable character unlocks (unless this was a legacy one that is no longer available) and they are not in my list of playable races. You can get them as a purchasable Bridge Officer (like the Caitians) but not as a playable character.
Wait, wait, your right. You jogged my memory a little bit. It is only for the bridge officer, isn't it? yeah the race itself isn't playable, not that the informed blindness would actually present any change in gameplay for such a species.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Career Officer
# 14
08-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren0kitlor View Post
Alien parts are there for aenar.
  • Choose "Alien" from species menu.
  • Choose traits you want.
  • Enjoy.
A few of the traits are not available as others have mentioned. I don't like my characters to be labeled as 'Aliens' anyway. I prefer the real McCoy, whether it be a Romulan, Cardassian, or Aenar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
Didn't seem to have a whole lot of trouble in the show, they could even tell colors... "The Aenar"
Nice, good find. From Memory Alpha: "The Aenar were completely blind yet had the ability to "see"".

If they ever implement the whole Boff to Captain thing, I would imagine that would be a route one could take. I would be skeptical about them adding them anytime soon though. I am still waiting for Benzite Boffs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Career Officer
# 15
08-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Quote:
You can use Blindsense and Project Image on "Alien" Playable Characters? My bad...
It's a roleplaying game.

Why don't you close your eyes and roleplay you're an Aenar?

It would be IP accurate.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
08-28-2012, 02:03 AM
They see through the eyes of OTHER Andorians
They are a Tiny dying breed

if you want to play as one of these guys
create an andorian
then turn off your monitor
Career Officer
# 17
08-28-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Didn't seem to have a whole lot of trouble in the show, they could even tell colors...
It's called "bad writing".

But it's more likely she just knew what Shran looked like from Shran's own mind.

JHAMEL: I came here to apologise.
SHRAN: For what?
JHAMEL: When I saw you for the first time, I sensed some of your thoughts. I didn't intend to.
SHRAN: It's never been all that hard to figure out what I'm thinking.
Career Officer
# 18
08-28-2012, 06:00 AM
My understanding is that they want you to have to use a "First Officer to Playable Captain conversion" to play as any rare or exotic species., once they add that feature.

Hence why there are so many exotic BOs.
Captain
# 19
09-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Hence why there are so many exotic BOs.
There aren't enough though, there will never be enough!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
# 20
09-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
I prefer the real McCoy, whether it be a Romulan, Cardassian, or Aenar.
Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a xenoethnographer!